Going to Cabelas in Owatonna to shop, then on to Faribault to fish,,,,,, maybe??

• Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Would like to ice fish Cedar Lake just outside of Faribault MN this Saturday the 16th. Can anybody give me an ice report for this lake? Other options nearby? I am 3 hours south of Owatonna and we have no reliable ice around home.

David Blais

A buddy was out last weekend. 3-4″ all the way across. We are going out Friday morning to check again. Will report back. Btw, cabelas has. A pile of tucr rods. They put their ice fishing stuff upstairs this year

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Thanks, going to pick up a generator and wanted to make my trip worthwhile. I’ll check back in again for the latest report.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Bring a spud bar as it is sketchy wherever you go

Dan
    Southeast MN

They put their ice fishing stuff upstairs this year

I was there about a week ago and found this very, very confusing.

David Blais

I asked an season employee why they did that… He said “some very wise man who use to work at corporate decided that”

munchy
    NULL

I haven’t been to Cabela’s in a while so I haven’t seen how this is set up, but I guess it makes sense to put the seasonal in the back of the store to make people walk by everything else.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

My guess is they did that because it was easier to move all the tents, cots, and sleeping bags out for the winter. And you would have to walk past everything else to get there. Since they moved it upstairs, do they have a bigger selection?

David Blais

Selection is about the same. The tents and sleeping bags are now down stairs. The flashers and tucr are down stairs by the fishing stuff. I assume because they are small and expensive

On a side note, they also moved the kids toys upstairs, away from everything. So my kids now believe there is no toys at cabelas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.