Going to a lake that has little fishing pressure.

• keith schuckert

So I’m trying a new lake tomorrow in the kayak. I go there often to just sit but never see any boats or kayaks fishing it. I am used to heavily pressured lakes. Should I approach this lake differently or approach it with my same mentality. Honestly never fished a lake that gets as little pressure as this one. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. I’m sure I’m just over thinking it because of how little pressure the lake gets.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Depends on what you are fishing for. If you are bass fishing and go early id stick wacky worm in the shallow and beat that up. I have a ton of luck that way on un pressured lakes. If its a big deep lake which I doubt then change it up.

keith schuckert

Yea sorry forgot to mention that I’ll be mainly bass fishing. And was thinking mainly texas/wacky rig and some top water spooks/plopper style lures. The lake isn’t to big but is fairly deep and clear water it runs into the new richmond flowage in new richmond wi.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yup i would start early with frogs, then re work those same spots with exactly like you said, wacky and Texas . If that fails maybe cranks on the deep weeds or 10 inch worms

tim hurley

Do not have to be so subtle on lakes like that, other difference I see is bass are more likely to follow and strike right at the boat. Good luck

Charles

Neko Rig or jig worm on the outside weed edges

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.