Go Pack Go

• bigpike

Plus TB has Winfield Jr and Tyler Johnson… couple of Gopher alumni.

The crap ass pack have a gopher alum in the middle of there D also

B-man

Why all the hatred towards the Packers?

Jeez…..if anyone from the NFC North was deep in the playoffs I’d root for them.

Yes, even the Bears.

If you’re from Minnesota and rooting for Brady and a team from Florida there’s something not right with you…..It’s just a damn game

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

Jealousy is an ugly emotion.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If you’re from Minnesota and rooting for Brady and a team from Florida there’s something not right with you…..It’s just a damn game

I beg your pardon!

Doug M
    SE SD

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

I beg your pardon!

rotflol

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    I hate to say it, but I cant see Rodgers doing anything classy like that !!!

Like the $500,000 he donated last week to a fund supporting businesses affected by COVID-19? coffee

I did not see that but good of him. He’s just never came across like a classy guy. Maybe it just the way his personality is.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Why all the hatred towards the Packers?

Jeez…..if anyone from the NFC North was deep in the playoffs I’d root for them.

Yes, even the Bears.

Packers have enough Super Bowls. Windfield’s have zero. Did you see Jr. tweet about beating Dem Saints? That family deserves a ring.

bigpike

Apparently some of the newer guys aren’t schooled in Packer threads. You’ll learn it’s way easier to stomp all over anything green and gold vs. showing any support or talking X’s and O’s.

That being said: go Vikings…SKOL

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Apparently some of the newer guys aren’t schooled in Packer threads. You’ll learn it’s way easier to stomp all over anything green and gold vs. showing any support or talking X’s and O’s.

I just want to commend you on seeing the light, your growth over the years has really been impressive BP! rotflol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That’s a possibility,Brady was a cold weather Quarterback,I think he will do better than Breeze in Lambeau.

Tom Brady and Gronk may be used to cold outdoor conditions playing in New England, but the rest of Tampa mostly isn’t. It will take more than one 43 year old quarterback to get the job done.

There is also snow in the forecast next Sunday which will make it even more interesting.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I dunno Pike, Beast and B-Man seem to mot have any issues stomping on the Purple. Some of Beast’s adjectives even make me blush.

Doug M
    SE SD

I did not see that but good of him. He’s just never came across like a classy guy. Maybe it just the way his personality is.

I mean I’m a huge packer guy and I’ll always be a huge fan of Rodgers no matter what hes like off the field, but its funny how news and media outlets miss all of the positive things hes done off the field. Usually they’re trying to spread rumors about his love life and how he and his brother hate each other. Typical media things I suppose

I am not a Packer fan but I became a Rodgers fan after seeing a story on him helping a young gal raise awareness for kids cancer.

buck-slayer

[/quote]

Just wait till next year or is it the year after that.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pretty sure bigpike is a stock owning Packers fan.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>61orbt wrote:</div>

I hate to say it, but I cant see Rodgers doing anything classy like that !!!

Like the $500,000 he donated last week to a fund supporting businesses affected by COVID-19? coffee

Rodgers is a confident guy. He carries himself that way and always has. He’s also someone who donates locally, speaks fondly of players who approach their job the way he does, and competes every single day. He can be hard on teammates who make mistakes just like every great qb (see Brady when a guy runs a route incorrectly or misses a blitz pick up). He doesn’t take games or plays off or settle for being “good” when he could very easily do so. He also isn’t in the news for his multiple ex wives, DUIs, social media fights, children by multiple people, late night club issues, etc.

The NFL needs more guys like this whether opposing fans want to admit it or not. I enjoy watching established talents like Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Wilson, etc lead their teams and demand more from other players. There’s a reason they win.

Jim Clark
    Chippewa Falls, WI

“Vikings SKOL…!”

Actually means “Vikings STILL KEEP ON LOSING…!”

Tampa bay by 10…

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

“Vikings SKOL…!”

Tampa bay by 10…

As far as predictions go, from a Packers fan I’m considering this a coin toss game. I’d be shocked if it leans more than 3 or 4 points one way or the other. I’m thinking whoever has a turnover first will lose.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Well, if anyone is a gambling man, here are the posted spreads per Cesars:

Packers by 2.5 points

Chiefs by 3 points (Mahomes assumed to be playing)

I read that the spread would favor the Bills by 3 if Henne is in there instead of Mahomes and for that reason some sports books have not posted their spread yet.

tlc954
    Chippewa Falls, WI

“Vikings SKOL…!”

Tampa bay by 10…

Jeez Jimmy, don’t let your wife see this!

Packers by 3.

We’ll talk about it on the ice.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Packers by 2.5 points

I read that the spread would favor the Bills by 3 if Henne is in there instead of Mahomes and for that reason some sports books have not posted their spread yet.

I’d be a little surprised if those are the closing spreads. I know I’d feel a whole lot safer taking KC than the Packers at those odds. Its kind of cool you have a Old established QB nearing the end of their career going up against a young up and coming QB in each game and will have the same for the Super bowl.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Packers by 2.5 points

Mahomes could’ve been decapitated and he’d be playing. This league knows where its bread is buttered and who it wants to promote. If that was a Special Teams player for the Jaguars, the precautions would be flying and he’d be designated as out to further the NFL’s “player safety” agenda. However, this is the league’s star surrounded by the league’s best weapons. The NFL’s “independent neurologists” are about as independent as me when my wife calls with a to-do list. I’m surprised that he wasn’t allowed back in the game to be honest.

Does anyone remember earlier this year when the Broncos literally did not have a single rostered quarterback due to Covid and they didn’t even move the game a day and forced them to play without one? Yet they rescheduled the Ravens game 3 separate times because Lamar Jackson had or was exposed to Covid and they wanted him to play.

Karry Kyllo

I’m a diehard Vikings fan but I’m rooting for the Packers to win and go all the way. How can any football fan not enjoy watching this Packers team and especially Aaron Rodgers play?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Mahomes could’ve been decapitated and he’d be playing. This league knows where its bread is buttered and who it wants to promote. If that was a Special Teams player for the Jaguars, the precautions would be flying and he’d be designated as out to further the NFL’s “player safety” agenda. However, this is the league’s star surrounded by the league’s best weapons. The NFL’s “independent neurologists” are about as independent as me when my wife calls with a to-do list. I’m surprised that he wasn’t allowed back in the game to be honest.

Does anyone remember earlier this year when the Broncos literally did not have a single rostered quarterback due to Covid and they didn’t even move the game a day and forced them to play without one? Yet they rescheduled the Ravens game 3 separate times because Lamar Jackson had or was exposed to Covid and they wanted him to play.

While I do think you are somewhat right about Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, etc getting special treatment because they are the face of the NFL, I read today that he didn’t actually even have a concussion. He tweaked a nerve in his neck and they held him out as a precaution even though he passed concussion protocol. That makes sense to me because on the replay he didn’t even get hit in the head at all.

On the Broncos situation, that is inaccurate. Their covid tracing determined that it was isolated to only their quarterbacks and they weren’t following the rules in their meetings. The Ravens outbreak was spreading to many more players and coaches and it was not contained. The NFL clearly stated they would not reschedule games because it seemed unfair. They would only do it if they thought it was unsafe.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

While I do think you are somewhat right about Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, etc getting special treatment because they are the face of the NFL, I read today that he didn’t actually even have a concussion. He tweaked a nerve in his neck and they held him out as a precaution even though he passed concussion protocol. That makes sense to me because on the replay he didn’t even get hit in the head at all.

On the Broncos situation, that is inaccurate. Their covid tracing determined that it was isolated to only their quarterbacks and they weren’t following the rules in their meetings. The Ravens outbreak was spreading to many more players and coaches and it was not contained. The NFL clearly stated they would not reschedule games because it seemed unfair. They would only do it if they thought it was unsafe.

^Wouldn’t it be spreading between their own players and coaches because they too weren’t following the rules? whistling The virus didn’t spread uncontrolled while their masks, social distancing, sanitation procedures, requirements outside the facility, etc. were all being followed to an exact T. The Broncos knowingly admitted their mistake and got burned because they don’t have a face of the league. The Ravens likely broke as many or even more rules and were rewarded with a rescheduled game.

No matter how you word it, the NFL has and will continue to pick and choose how it implements safety protocols whether it be concussions, injury reporting, Covid, etc. That game wasn’t happening without Lamar Jackson and everyone in the league knew it. If Tom Brady and his understudies were in that Broncos QB room where the virus was spread, that game would not have been played exactly on-time either.

Doug M
    SE SD

I read today that he didn’t actually even have a concussion. He tweaked a nerve in his neck and they held him out as a precaution even though he passed concussion protocol. That makes sense to me because on the replay he didn’t even get hit in the head at all.

I was wondering about him having a concussion also since I did not see him get hit in the head. But given how wobbly he was when he got up, I thought something had to be going on with his melon.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Maddog had a Doctor call in today. He said the tacklers arm around his neck caused a shortage of oxygen similar to being choked out in MMA. The result is you are dizzy. He said without Mahomes head hitting the turf there wouldn’t be a concussion. The discussion was wayyyy over Russo’s head. There was no doubt in the Doc’s mind Mahomes did not have a concussion according to what he saw.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Its kind of cool you have a Old established QB nearing the end of their career going up against a young up and coming QB in each game and will have the same for the Super bowl.

What? Can you explain what you mean? Rodgers is 37 vs Tom Brady is 42. And Josh Allen is 24 vs Mahomes is 25. So old timers in one game, young guns in the other… crazy

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The bucs probably won’t benefit off a 3 turnover day like they did against the saints. However they can make that up against the packs poor run defence. I think snow and sloppy conditions may help the bucs.

I don’t like that the bucs dismantled the pack this year. Serves as extra motivation and does the opposite to the team that did the dismantling. Look what the saints did to the bucs this season before losing.

I think the pack win. Rodgers has been solid all year.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Traitor.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 241 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.