Gm gauge cluster fix?

• fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

I have a 2003 silverado with the gauge cluster issue. Anyone know a shop or person that will repair this for under 200.00? I would rather take it somewhere rather than ship off the cluster somewhere.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Where are you located. The shop I work at has them rebuilt locally. The cost is $200 for the rebuild and labor to remove and install it. Located in Cambridge MN. Pm me if interested.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

what is the issue? is it the same as the Buick cluster issue? if it is the job takes less than an hour and about $.30 of resistors.

trev07

I just did my 04 GMC Sierra through the Speedometer repair guy in Winona. I lived close enough so I just drove it to him but he claims that he will repair most the same day he receives them in the mail. My speedometer and tach were the main two that stuck but i just had him replace all of them and it only cost $100. Highly recommend. 507-429-4489 is his number.

catnip
    south metro

Apt Speedo repair in Bloomington

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

what is the issue? is it the same as the Buick cluster issue? if it is the job takes less than an hour and about $.30 of resistors.

Different than that. There is a gauge cluster that needs to be resoldered. It is common in silverados, tahoes and suburbans in the 2003 to 2005 range.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Apt Speedo repair in Bloomington

Called this one and the price is right at APT. Thanks for the reply. Still checking into some others too.

deertracker

Look it up on YouTube and do it yourself. I had the same issue with a van I owned. Did not take long at all. The video showed me where the problem was and it was easy to find.
    DT

onestout
    Hudson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>onestout wrote:</div>

Different than that. There is a gauge cluster that needs to be resoldered. It is common in silverados, tahoes and suburbans in the 2003 to 2005 range.

I looked it up, a little different than the Buick cluster issue but about the same fix. remove the servos and solder in new ones, buick is remove the resistors and solder in new ones. Buick fix is super easy and this one looked about the same. good luck.

404 ERROR
    MN

I was fortunate enough to have mine fail within their window when they released the bulletin. It cost me about $50 from the dealer in Mankato. I wish I could help more!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.