Glide baits

• Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Looking for feedback from those of you that have used various brands of glide baits on walleyes. I have 10 or so #7 & #9 jigging raps and have had minimal success, although I really haven’t given them a fair shot. I’ve been sucked in by the Tom Boley videos and would like to add a few Acme hyper rattles to the arsenal. But, the 2″ & 2 1/2″ versions are nowhere to be found. Nowhere. How about the walleye nation rip-n-glide or any other brand I’m not aware of? I’m determined to figure this technique out one way or another this year!

Adam Steffes

I get the occasional pike in open water casting jiggin raps but haven’t caught a walleye with one. Technique probably matters and I haven’t had the chance to see people catch fish with them to know what to do!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I have a couple buddies who swear by them this time of year through the fall. On the right lakes of course.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have not Tried them in Open water. I know a few walleye tournament guys who say a lot of fish are caught in tourneys using them. Like most lures I’m sure its a matter of putting the time in with them to gain the confidence in them. Good luck and keep us posted on your use of them.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I used to fish them on gull a lot with good success. Deep weedlines 25-30’. Going about .5-.7 and snapping them as soon as they hit bottom. It’s a workout, but when you snap up and a 25” is on, it’s worth it

Red Eye

One thing I’ve learned is you cant work/snap these baits to hard. You are looking for a reaction bite. Sometimes it seems downright ridiculous and silly how hard i rip em on a medium fast rod with braid.
    Of course you have to find fish first before you can catch em.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

The first time I used a jigging rap in open water was on a rocky structure on Rainy Lake which is a known big fish spot for our group. Many times they are laying on the bottom and inactive (won’t bite lindy rig and leech or crawler). I caught a 23″ and a 24″ in an hour by vertical jigging because it is snaggy.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have used them more then once in open water. Only to be eaten by bass. So then I just stick with that because they are funner anyways. chased

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.