Glacier Ice House – Opinions

• gonehunting

I am looking at purchasing a wheel house and I am taking a serious look at Glacier Ice Houses. These are relatively new to the ice house market so I just wanted to get some opinions from those of you who might have one or have fished in one. The fit and finish look very good. Just curious as to the susceptibility to rust with the powder coated frame, axle design and overall quality. The dealership has been more than helpful and Glacier has gone above and beyond answering my questions. Just want some “put-to-the-test” opinions. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Aaron

I’ve been in them a few times. One of the times on LOW in -20 weather, was comfortable the entire time. The biggest thing I like about them is the space and number of holes. They seem to have more hole options than other brands and don’t crowd the space. I know of a couple that are a year old that are for sale. Its by a veteran guide service that is selling a couple to buy something wheelchair accessible. PM me if your interested.

If your a veteran you could fish in the house free of charge from the guide service.

SoDak Fisher Guy
    Eastern SD

I’d do yourself a favor and look a the Team Lodge fish houses that are made in Brookings, SD. They have been in the wheel house industry for many many years and they have been put to the test…they run awesome. especially if you want a toy hauler, you can haul a 900 ranger and still pull it 80 down the interstate.

They have a very open floor plan which is very nice to have compared to other manufactures.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Galcier are nice but are much heavier then other models.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

gonehunting…no matter what brand you go with just know that they should be able to customize it if you are wanting something different than their stock models. ie. an extra window there, add an electric lift bunk or get rid of a bunk, add a hole, extra outlets, lights, ect. Will take time to get it made how you want it, but know that’s an option. You’ll be forking over quite a bit of hard earned money, so get what you want!

castle-rock-clown

I use my fish house as a toy hauler which means alot of road salt. My Firebrand being mostly all aluminum has been flawless for 3 seasons now with no corrosion related issues…Or any other issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.