Girth and Weight?

• fishhuntguy

So I caught a 22.5″ smallmouth yesterday (with the tail pinched it went 22.5″). I didnt have a tape and didnt think to use some line to get a measurement I could have measured later to determine the girth before I released it. I want to get a replica made and want to get a good estimate on the girth. My wife caught a 21.5″ smallie last year and that had a 13.5″ girth. That fish was caught in early September. Both fish were caught on Mille Lacs. Anyways can any of you guys give me an estimate of what the girth and or weight would be on this fish from the information above and the pics below? Thanks for any help!!

Attachments:
    1. image2.jpeg

2. image1.jpeg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Maybe figure out a girth measurement off your photo. Go measure the space top to bottom on your bump board that the fish took up. Double that, add some for width.

fishhuntguy

Maybe figure out a girth measurement off your photo. Go measure the space top to bottom on your bump board that the fish took up. Double that, add some for width.

Thanks for the heads up thats what I ended up doing.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Nice fish Q. Looks like you’ve been fishing “the other side of the lake”… wink

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.