Girl Lake Connected to Woman?

• Bartman

Is the channel between Girl and Woman Lake navigable these days?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Is it ever non-navigable?

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

How about Baby to Man?

blank

Baby to Man requires a small watercraft to sneak under the bridge. While low was does help get under the bridge, getting through the channel around there may be tough since it’s really shallow even with normal conditions.

stevenoak

I’ve fished woman/girl a few times in May. Usually crappies and bass shallow. The chute is shallow. Sure it gets weedy. But with the number of cabins. My guess they keep it navigable. Going to fish mid Sept this year. I’ve heard there may be a short window perch bite then. Anyone have any insight on that. Or any thing else worth while. Thanks.

FryDog62

Baby to Man requires a small watercraft to sneak under the bridge. While low was does help get under the bridge, getting through the channel around there may be tough since it’s really shallow even with normal conditions.

Under “normal” conditions going under the bridge into Man in a 16 foot tiller, we had to take the engine cover off our 60 hp and push down on the back of the transom in a birthing effort to get through. If it rained and water levels rose before we came back through we would have been stranded…

blank

Fry, that sounds about right. I’ve heard of people needing to take their trolling motor off too. I went under there on opener with a 14 ft with 3 guys. We didn’t have to push down, but probably would have needed to if it was just 2 of us.

FryDog62

Baby to Man – yeah, it was that tight…

Attachments:
    1. C2DCC8A5-C24C-48C8-A1B4-4F3EF35DD8F2_4_5005_c.jpeg

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

A little snug eh! We go up to a cabin near hackensack quite often and Man lake has been a lake I have been wanting to try and get on but I dont have a small enough boat to get under that bridge.

Charles

Lol yeah that is touch tight, I tried my 14′ one time and it was too big.

Fry how is the fishing on that side?

FryDog62

Lol yeah that is touch tight, I tried my 14′ one time and it was too big.

Fry how is the fishing on that side?

I think Man can be very good – smallies, walleyes and even Muskie. We hit a post cold front blue-bird day and just did so-so. Primarily targeted smallmouth. I definitely want to go back but with better electronics. That means with my bigger boat now, I’d have to stay at the resort and use their launch. There’s some pretty significant structure and bottom contours in the lake that would be easier to figure out with better electronics.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.