Gin – Who Drinks it – Favorite Brand – Favorite Recipe

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

No gin here for me. Even the higher end stuff just isn’t appealing to me in any way I’ve had it. I’d probably turn in my man card and drink a bad spiced rum (like Captain) before gin. lol

My wife loves a Gin and Tonic though with a fresh lime. I couldn’t even tell you what her staple brand is.

Opie
    Coon Rapids, MN

Used to be a Saphire and tonic person. Then it was Saphire gimlets. Now, if I drink gin, it is one of two ways: Saphire and Lemonade, or there are some great gins out there that are aged in charred barrels similar to bourbon. These are great sippers.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

For you gin lovers do you ever drink it straight or always in a cocktail?

My aunt and uncle drink Sapphire on the rocks. I’ve tried and just can’t do it. That’s probably a good thing. rotflol

robby
    Quad Cities

I prefer Beefeate Extra Dry with Tonic. No lime. Just my deal. And I still get a kick out of how G&T glows under black lights at the clubs. lol. I will also once in a while drink a Gin Martini, but not often.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

To clean up the forum a bit, could we just merge the Rum drinkers thread, this Gin thread, and that one about Honda Ridgelines?

All topics likely cover the same demographic coffee

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Never been able to get into gin. What is it about the taste that gin drinkers enjoy? The freshness or palette cleanse? Honestly curious.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

To clean up the forum a bit, could we just merge the Rum drinkers thread, this Gin thread, and that one about Honda Ridgelines?

rotflol

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

BIL got married yesterday and had a get together tonight. Found myself at a trendy distillery that specialized in? You guessed it. Had 2 fancy cocktails. They were good but at $15 a pop I won’t be having those often

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Im all for it!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Just enjoying a gin and pink grapefruit juice. May have found me a new summer favorite drink. Rather Tasty !!!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ll throw down a red snapper when I run out of vodka. They ain’t too bad.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Not sure how I missed this one, but tough to beat a GnT on a warm summer day! Tanqueray and Tonic is my usual go-to. Prairie Organics is a MN company that makes some good clear booze, I really like the Cucumber Gin for a step up on a GnT. Also agree with Biggill Vikre in Canal Park/Duluth is a cool spot and make good booze too.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ve been stopping a two places in Red Wing that really don’t have any decent bourbon and a person never knows how the cheap stuff is going to be mixed. A person can’t hardly screw up a can of Hamm’s.

Gin has always turned me off because of the over whelming smell and taste of Juniper.

For the last year or so, I fell onto Boodles Strawberry/Rhubarb. NO taste of Juniper at all and I’ve been told the aroma is good from a distance. (IDK, my nose is in it right away).

It runs about $25. and I like it. This coming from a gin hater.

Attachments:
    1. Boodles.jpg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ve been stopping a two places in Red Wing that really don’t have any decent bourbon and a person never knows how the cheap stuff is going to be mixed. A person can’t hardly screw up a can of Hamm’s.

Gin has always turned me off because of the over whelming smell and taste of Juniper.

For the last year or so, I fell onto Boodles Strawberry/Rhubarb. NO taste of Juniper at all and I’ve been told the aroma is good from a distance. (IDK, my nose is in it right away).

What are you mixing that with ?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

At the risk of losing my man card I was interested in getting some of this to try. Not real easy to find. I went 0-3 on stops at liquor stores on my way home yesterday. I sure wish we had a total wine and more location here in town.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian Klawitter wrote:</div>

At the risk of losing my man card I was interested in getting some of this to try. Not real easy to find. I went 0-3 on stops at liquor stores on my way home yesterday. I sure wish we had a total wine and more location here in town.

Did you try West Side by the Mall?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

They have various West sides in the saint cloud area. They all normally carry the same items. One of the locations I checked yesterday was a West Side. They did not have it and said they have never seen it.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TillrLife wrote:</div>

They have various West sides in the saint cloud area. They all normally carry the same items. One of the locations I checked yesterday was a West Side. They did not have it and said they have never seen it.

I’m aware, but the one by the mall carries(in stock) far more(wine, Spirits and Beer) than the Sartell or the one on 10. But if they have never heard of it, then it’s a moot point. But you can order it. I’ve done it a few times in the past with beer and wine. I used to live in Sartell, and still would pretty much only purchase at the Mall Location.

Bob and Linda are great people. I almost bought a house next to theirs on the river a few years back, and had a chance to talk to them for a while during the multiple viewing. The amount they give back to the community is quiet surprising.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m aware, but the one by the mall carries(in stock) far more(wine, Spirits and Beer) than the Sartell or the one on 10. But if they have never heard of it, then it’s a moot point. But you can order it. I’ve done it a few times in the past with beer and wine. I used to live in Sartell, and still would pretty much only purchase at the Mall Location.

Good to know. I just figured they would all carry the same items. I will check them out. I have never been in that location. I will swing by there at lunch or after work and check them out. I am out of regular Gin so I need a re-supply anyway.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TillrLife wrote:</div>

Good to know. I just figured they would all carry the same items. I will check them out. I have never been in that location. I will swing by there at lunch or after work and check them out. I am out of regular Gin so I need a re-supply anyway.

If you enjoy gin, I really would take a gander at Vikre, either the Cedar or Spruce(if you like to burry your face in spruce needles). They’re both very good, and made in Duluth.

Jimmy Jones

I’ve had both of the Vikre gins mentioned and they are not bad, but gin is a hard one for me to latch onto.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

What are you mixing that with ?
    [/quote]

Ice.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

The Bluffs and Harbor Bar have it for both on and. Off sale. Call ahead.

Again if you ar a juniper person, this is not for you.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Gin in Bloody Mary`s the best way to make them and I do not even like Gin.

Viewing 24 posts - 31 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.