Getting Tired of Logging In

• Bassn Dan

Anyone else having to log in every day? The log in goes fine, and I check the “Remember Me” box. On the plus side, I now have my log in and password memorized. : )

Using MicroSoft Edge browser. I used to get an error message that the site couldn’t be reached before it would then open. That has gone away, but the log in thing is annoying.

Thanks.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Agreed. It’s not every time for me and sometimes it’s the laptop and sometimes the cell phone. It’s easy to log in but as you mention it’s annoying.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i get that to occasionally……..both on laptop and phone.

tim hurley

All kinds of sites have that ‘remember me’ box then they don’t remember! Computers! (do I sound like a grumpy old guy yet?) What about all those questions at the gas pump? No I don’t want a car wash today!

grizzly
    nebraska

And I thought it was just me

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Me to on iPad using Edge.

James Almquist

I rarely use my phone but have no problems when using Chrome on my computer. Maybe time to switch browsers.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I rarely use my phone but have no problems when using Chrome on my computer. Maybe time to switch browsers.

hey Jim how you and the Mrs doing?? do you still head over the deer river talmoon way?? being retired now i get up there alot!!!!!!

Pat K
    Empire, MN

I was having the same problem Friday and Saturday, but it’s working right for me today.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Me too. Happening often lately but not every time.

robby
    Quad Cities

Anyone else having to log in every day? The log in goes fine, and I check the “Remember Me” box. On the plus side, I now have my log in and password memorized. : )

Using MicroSoft Edge browser. I used to get an error message that the site couldn’t be reached before it would then open. That has gone away, but the log in thing is annoying.

Thanks.

This was happening to me also, including the error message. But as of today I stayed logged in. Let’s hope it stays this way.

James Almquist

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>James Almquist wrote:</div>

hey Jim how you and the Mrs doing?? do you still head over the deer river talmoon way?? being retired now i get up there alot!!!!!!

Not as often as I would like. I feel I need a camper for the truck so I can fish all of my favorites!!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

sounds like you get there once in a while anyway!!!!!! waytogo

STILL having to log in sometimes, AND trying to post from my phone, sometimes i gotta post it 2-3 times before it goes. doah doah

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I haven’t been able to log in for a month. I use to log in through Facebook but that’s not working anymore.

Mike m

I only use my phone . When I visit the site , Sometimes I’m logged in , sometimes not . I Don’t ever log in or out .

MX1825

Same here on logging in. Everytime I leave the site next time I have to log in again. doah

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I still have to log in almost every time as well, it happens on 2 different laptops. Starting over the weekend, I am no longer able to get to this site on my phone, a message comes up stating that the web server is down?

Edit – it turned out my bookmark in Chrome was no longer correct, not sure how that happened

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

small price to pay

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Not sure if Dave @justdave has looked into this.

Here is what I noticed for my account.

I used to be able to use:
    Jon J
    Jon J.
    jon j
    jon j.

…. as the user name. Now, none of these work.

It has to match my user name in my profile = jonj (No caps, no spaces, no period) Password works as usual.

Once I got logged in using the jonj user name to all devices, the log out problem is less of an issue. Not a total fix, just better than getting logged out multiple time a day.

Hope this helps!

-J.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

small price to pay

A person would think so.
    However Walleye Central had their debacle with signing in a few years ago and it cost them 100’s of people. Today WC is just a shell of what it use to be.

Little things add up to big things.

CaptainMusky

Its a little irritating, but its easy enough to get around. Two mouse clicks and I am logged back in right away. Nuisance yes, but it wont keep me from coming here.
    A lot of those old sites are shells of what they used to be but its mainly because of the people running them. FIshingMN used to be my goto 15 years or so ago, but that LMITOUT guy got carried away and people left in droves. I havent gone back since joining here.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

The new server’s PHP was lacking the sqlite module which was used to authenticate users against the old database data (about 7 years old now?). I have added the module so if you are still using those very old credentials they should still work. I do recommend that you follow the instructions @jonj mentioned since this is your actual username in the main database. I’d really like to do away with the temp credential fix from 7 years ago. lol

The “remember me” option should be used when you are logging in from any device/browser. If you leave it unchecked at work it will invalidate the token and you will no longer be remembered at home. (or on your phone)

Wordpress will only extend your login to 14 days when the remember me option is used. We have extended this with our own custom cookie that expires in 1 year. When the website sees this cookie and you are not logged in you will be logged in automatically.

Cookies can be excluded from being sent by personal firewalls, corporate gateway firewalls or browser extensions, to name a few. Since wordpress powers about 40% of the internet’s sites I’d guess that the standard wordpress cookie names are recognized by other systems. Our custom cookie may not though.

I haven’t experienced any login issues myself but I’m usually only ever browsing from my desktop which is on 24/7. It’s also used as a plex server for all of our dvd movies. (one of the reasons for being on 24/7) )

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Not sure what you said but it seems to be working ok now.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Thanks, Dave! One more tip.

On the “Remember Me” option. Make sure that is your first selection on the log in. Then input your user name and password. I’m not 100% sure the screen is seeing the check off if it is entered last. In some cases, it seems the log on processes as soon as the password is entered.

-J.

maddogg

Same with me. Wants me to login. I close it down and open it again and I’m ok?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

You want to go to the “My Account” page. Then select the Log Out option. Do this on all or the devices you browse IDO with – phone, laptop, tablet. Then use the Log In option and select the “Remember Me” checkbox first.

Close and open IDO will NOT fix this issue.

-J.

Bassn Dan

I made it through 2 days, but needed to log in again today. Trying Jon’s suggestion to check the “Remember Me” box first and hope that solves this – thanks!

Maybe the “Remember Me” box should be moved to the top of the log in menu – that being the logical order that people fill in the log in info.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

trying to post from my phone is getting ridicules’ must less even trying to post a picture!!!! doah

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

trying to post from my phone is getting ridicules’ must less even trying to post a picture!!!! doah

Say what? rotflol

Attachments:
    1. driving-texting-while-driving.jpg

deertracker

The new server’s PHP was lacking the sqlite module which was used to authenticate users against the old database data

That’s what I figured was happening… coffee
    DT

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.