Getting rid of propane smell in fish house

• MNdrifter

The other night I threw my two filled 30 pound tanks on my fish house cracked one on and got busy doing something else. Next day after work I had to get something out of the fish house. I opened the door and it wreaked of propane inside. Checked the tank that i opened and it was empty. After ventilating the house for awhile I went inside to find out what happened. Turns out the cook stove knob was turned on, and it dumped the entire 30# tank of propane inside. I’ve had windows and door open and fans running for two days now and I cannot get the smell out. Any thoughts guys? Thanks.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

ugh…….sorry to hear but i aint got no ideas!!!!!! hope you get it licked!!!!

B-man

Rent or buy an Ozone Generator? I’ve never used one but know they can have incredible results.

Iowaboy1

Mercaptan ( the stuff that stinks ) is oily and it sticks to everything and it will go away after while on its own, you can wash the place down with soap and water to help it disperse.
    I know its cold up there and that most likely wont work if stuff can freeze up.
    You can try boiling some vinegar with pickle spice in it, that will help cover it up if you can stand that odor instead.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Mercaptan ( the stuff that stinks ) is oily and it sticks to everything and it will go away after while on its own, you can wash the place down with soap and water to help it disperse.
    I know its cold up there and that most likely wont work if stuff can freeze up.
    You can try boiling some vinegar with pickle spice in it, that will help cover it up if you can stand that odor instead.

rotflol then he may as well get 4-5 buddies, a couple cases of shells beer and 4 dozen spicy tacos and play cards for a day!!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

That maybe worse than the propane and just as flammable Glenn.

blackbay
    mn

If it’s as oily and sticky as Iowaboy says, try cleaning the stove and the surrounding surfaces really good.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

That maybe worse than the propane and just as flammable Glenn.

devil devil rotflol rotflol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.