Getting permie off of the ice

One my friends put his 6×10 ice shack on a local lake in January sometime well in SD they need to be off by march 1 he has tried salt and warming the shack up can’t get it off any ideas wud be helpful

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

Get some pressure under it on the frame if you can, either a bottle jack or a handyman. Then start chiseling, usually the pressure will help. And then there’s always the old 30/30 rifle method. I bet he learned a lesson regarding blocking it up, this usually only happens to a person once.

Ya that’s what I heard where are we supposed to shoot?

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

If you’re serious, shoot around the walls close to the skids. Be careful to use earplugs! The pressure method usually works though. I have an old bar the railroad uses for track ties that can usually pop anything loose, know anyone with one or a friend that works for the railroad? Do you have skids or is the whole floor and cross members all frozen in? If that’s the case I don’t know anything (legal) you can do besides start taking it apart or take the fine and wait for warm weather to thaw it loose.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Use a rosebud to help melt the ice, chisel the ice and use a big pry bar, it’s gonna take time but it’s better than a fine.

It’s the kind that the hitch swings up in the air

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

Outdraft is right, you might have to get a little meaner. 2 x 4’s are replaceable in the spring and if it’s 2×6’s or skids it will come loose.

Thanks guys

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

chainsaw???

desperado

chainsaw is good
    just to be clear, more desirable to cut the ICE “under” the edges of the shack rather than cutting off the bottom of the shack

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.