Generator Ban

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

“It’s like deja vu all over again” -Yogi Berra. Very similar to the gas stove thread, Trumka/CPSC offers up a solution to something no one thought was a significant problem, and a liberal state takes it and runs with it. Not that MN would ever follow CA lead on climate initiatives….

http://www.cpsc.gov/About-CPSC/Commissioner/Richard-Trumka/Statement/CPSCs-Groundbreaking-Proposed-Rule-for-Portable-Generators-will-Save-Thousands-of-Lives-and-will-Save-1B-a-Year-in-Costs

CA has started banning generators, weed whips, leaf blowers etc. anything that “consists of off-road spark-ignition engines that produce 19 kilowatts gross power or less (25 horsepower or less).”

http://www.newsweek.com/list-equipment-affected-gavin-newsom-ban-small-engines-california-1640341

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

The solution to all our problems doah

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Yep. Got to love California. Leading the nation in craziness. I really don’t know how people can live in that state. Then again at the rate they are leaving it looks like a lot of people can’t anymore.

Doing a little google research the top 4 states that people are moving out of are: New Jersey, Illinois, New York, and California

Also interesting was the top 4 states people were moving into are: Texas, florida, South Carolina, North Carolina

If you take a close look at those 8 states you will see one other rather interesting thing. I won’t bother to point that out. I’ll let you figure it out.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

This Must be supported by the majority of Americans. Otherwise how would those people have gotten voted in….

tswoboda

What’s not to like about saving 1000s of lives

Netguy
    Minnetonka

From last Wednesday:
    Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey on Wednesday announced his plan to raise gas and electric utility fees to pay the city’s climate goals over the next decade.

Mpls is crying that too many people are still working from home and aren’t coming back downtown to work. Most people returning to work downtown would drive their cars thus adding to the “climate crisis”.

You can’t have it both ways, Jacob!!

Riverrat

Yeah this isn’t new. MN even proposed similar bans and regulations. Remember to contact your local representative.

Baitwaster
    South metro

I was teased 40 years ago that place was going to fall off into the Pacific…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Depends on how many lives the alternative takes.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Banning smoking is estimated to likely save close to 500,000 deaths each year in the US. Banning the use of automobiles each year would save over 50,000 in car related fatalities alone. Why not ban those as well.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I was teased 40 years ago that place was going to fall off into the Pacific…

I know many who say ” Is there anything we can do to help it ”

Deuces

Anyone able to breakdown where these deaths occurred? Having a tough time placing where these could be, trailers, boats, warehouses, work place?

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

Banning smoking is estimated to likely save close to 500,000 deaths each year in the US. Banning the use of automobiles each year would save over 50,000 in car related fatalities alone. Why not ban those as well.

Lets ban illegal drugs too!!!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I may be wrong, but didn’t Briggs and Stratton stop placing horsepower ratings on their motors after getting sued for not producing that much power? Now they only print cubic centimeters displacement. Where is IowaBoy? I need to turbo charge my generator and straight pipe it so it is legal to use.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I may be wrong, but didn’t Briggs and Stratton stop placing horsepower ratings on their motors after getting sued for not producing that much power

Not just briggs and Stratton, but all small engine manufactures. Various companies were taking the horsepower rating from different location and thus the measurements were not real accurate across the board.

Coletrain27

Anyone able to breakdown where these deaths occurred? Having a tough time placing where these could be, trailers, boats, warehouses, work place?

idiots putting them in enclosed areas. theres a reason there has to be warning labels on all of them now hah

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Rodwork wrote:
    I may be wrong, but didn’t Briggs and Stratton stop placing horsepower ratings on their motors after getting sued for not producing that much power

Not just briggs and Stratton, but all small engine manufactures. Various companies were taking the horsepower rating from different location and thus the measurements were not real accurate across the board.

So the band is based on a number that is not used. Nothing to band. rotflol
    Don’t all the new generators have low oxygen sensors and automatically shut off before it would kill you?

Deuces

Average of 14 accidental deaths per year in MN, CA has 5x the population, with winter and all the activities that could involve generators here you could times ours by 5 and still not come close to their deaths.

Where are they coming from? It’s good they’re looking into it but all-out ban seems excessive

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Where are they coming from? It’s good they’re looking into it but all-out ban seems excessive

They are guesstimations, the first link says 1400 of people died and 77,000 were injured from carbon monoxide from 2004-2021, so if we ban these things that may or may not have caused it, they will be saved. Don’t you want to save people!

Deuces

Good catch, that puts in line with the averages.

Just Cali being Cali then…

Riverrat

128000 people die every year from preventable home related accidents. Outlaw homes today.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

128000 people die every year from preventable home related accidents. Outlaw homes today.

Delete this, they don’t need anymore ideas and can’t read the sarcasm! rotflol rotflol rotflol

TH

Why not just outlaw death?

B-man

New generators have CO detectors built in that automatically shut them down….

They’ve already engineered out killing dumb asses, but why not ban it instead?? LOL

Now people will die from the elements when they can’t run their furnace or AC off a generator.

tswoboda

Battery powered generators will make gas generators obsolete anyway

Coletrain27

Now people will die from the elements when they can’t run their furnace or AC off a generator.

i cant speak for california but 99% of people around here dont even have the proper wiring and hookups to run there furnace or ac off a generator if they needed to in a emergency

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Fossil fuels and the industrial revolution are responsible for the high world population we have now. Quite a conundrum.

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

i cant speak for california but 99% of people around here dont even have the proper wiring and hookups to run there furnace or ac off a generator if they needed to in a emergency

Proper and what people do are two different things.

If my power ever went out in the winter I’ll pull my main breaker and uses a suicide cord to keep the pipes from freezing )

As for AC, I can live without it (in Minnesota anyway)

FinnyDinDin

California is forcing citizens to buy electric vehicles, they are banning gas generators and are also the state that is most well known to have black/brown outs – an issue that will only get worse with all the electric vehicles being plugged in. What could possibly go wrong?

Unfortunately I see lots of signs that our liberal government will be trying to turn our state in to Minnefornia here soon. Votes matter.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.