Generac Standby House Generator

• robby
    Quad Cities

Anyone have one of these. I do and it is time for preventative maintenance. My unit is out of warranty and works like a charm. Love it, recommend one if you do not have one. I am sure that Generac does not produce their own oil. I know the spark plugs are Champions. I am also sure that they do not produce their own air filters or oil filters. I suspect they are Fram, just by looking at them and the color. Not sure. Does anyone use filters that are not Generac brand, so you do not have to pay for the name? Anyone know how I can cross reference these to save some money? Yes, I am a Cheapo when I can be. You help is appreciated. Hopefully it cools down and we can have a Spring this year. Terrible hot and humid here the last few days. Anyways, thanks for any help you can provide. BTW, I have done the maintenance on this unit twice before, so I know there is not reason to pay expensive labor for a simple chore. In the past I just bought the kits online, but the prices have gotten ridiculous for what is included in my opinion.

Iowaboy1

Robby, here is the wix filter catalog, enter your filter number in the search bar and it should cross it for you if wix builds a filter according to the number.
    https://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/filterlookup.aspx

You can also do the same thing with baldwin, purolator, fram, etc.

And you are right !! its been warm down here!! I had to do a high speed acclimation at the shop this past week! but ya know what??
    You dont have to shovel heat! lol.

If I can help you cross anything shoot me a pm, happy to help you out.

robby
    Quad Cities

Thank You!

CaptainMusky

Yeah definitely go with a Wix or Purolator filter over Fram.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.