Gen 1 chips

• steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Is navionics hotmaps premium chip compatible with Gen 1 units?

KirtH
    Lakeville

Yes sir

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I like the chip. Tried it yesterday. Need to do the latest software update

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

my gps waypoints from Lakemaster to Navionics didn’t appear to translate correctly. also no road maps on the Navionics? my old lakemaster chip showed my street location when I was in the driveway. that normal?

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

let me know what you did and how you like the chip.. I am thinking about buying one for my gen 1 hds 5.. let me know how you upgraded the software.. thanks..

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

it doesn’t seem to work anymore. thought it was the unit but I put my old lakemaster chip back in and that worked fine.. I am upgrading to the Elite 7 with Chirp and down imaging. I am hopin the chip works in that unit

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

I am very interested to hear if you can get that platinum chip to work again.. or what you are going to do..

KirtH
    Lakeville

my gps waypoints from Lakemaster to Navionics didn’t appear to translate correctly. also no road maps on the Navionics? my old lakemaster chip showed my street location when I was in the driveway. that normal?

Premium doesn’t have any land mapping, Platinum does.

KirtH
    Lakeville

it doesn’t seem to work anymore. thought it was the unit but I put my old lakemaster chip back in and that worked fine.. I am upgrading to the Elite 7 with Chirp and down imaging. I am hopin the chip works in that unit

Highly unlikely that Lakemaster will work the Elite 7. Go with the Navionics + with SonarCharts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.