Gear Giveaways for 26 Weeks IN A ROW!

• Nick Cox
    Minnesota

This year we are going to do something a bit different! Each Sunday, when the show airs we will be doing a special gear giveaway. We have some awesome products set aside that include: IDO Hats and Hoodies, Rods and Reels, Tackle Packs, I Fish Pro’s, Sponsor Apparel, Resort Stays (Fishing Getaways), and more.

To win, you will need to have a Facebook Account as these contests will be run and managed on Facebook Only.

For starters, if you don’t have a Facebook Account – consider signing up here.

Once you have signed up for Facebook, or if you already have an account – simply LIKE the In-Depth Outdoors TV page. You can access our facebook page by clicking here.

The contests are simple, the rules for each will be posted around the same time we post the episode to YouTube (9am Central Time Sunday Mornings). To win, you will likely just need to Like the post, share it on your page, and tag a friend in the comments. We will select a winner at random the week the show airs.

That doesn’t mean we want you to stop visiting the forums! We just want your help in growing our Facebook and YouTube pages and as an incentive, we are willing to giveaway some great gear for your efforts.

Look forward to seeing you on the water, and the ice – starting this Sunday, November 20th at 8AM on Fox Sports and 9AM on YouTube.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

There’s a tipping point when it comes to things, and this may have been mine with FB.

Only problem is I’d need some friends to tag. doah

And to think about it, what’s a tag?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sounds like great prizes. Very cool. waytogo I’ll let the Facebookers fight over them. jester

If you get around to giving things away with 200hp outboards i’ll reconsider the Facebook thingy. grin

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

There’s a tipping point when it comes to things, and this may have been mine with FB.

I’ll be your friend Nick wave

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>nhamm wrote:</div>

I’ll be your friend Nick wave

yes

jkarels

Really? I need to have Facebook to have friends?
    That’s what I’ve been doing wrong.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

No facebook here! cry

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Cant do it.I’ve bad mouthed FB to much.I do not want to be a hypocrite.Good luck booker’s.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

No Facebook here either, I guess they don’t want us on their website anymore.

riverruns
    Inactive

No Facebook here either, I guess they don’t want us on their website anymore.[/quote

Ya us guys that want to sometimes stay here on a website and post get punished. Easy to lose interest. Although there may be a benefit for IDO? Don’t know? Good luck. I won’t be on fk book.

riverruns
    Inactive

Sorry! Fc book.

King Dinger
    Mn

Facebook is so overrated guys and old. How about prize giveaways on these forums or the website. Leave Facebook to the teenage girls of the world.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’m shocked at the number of anti Facebook replies. I can’t say there isn’t a tiny part of me that envys you.

That being said, stop whining.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Facebook… Ha.
    I wouldn’t sign up if i could win a new truck…..

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m shocked at the number of anti Facebook replies. I can’t say there isn’t a tiny part of me that envys you.

That being said, stop whining.

Oh I don’t think people are whining. It’s more that its hard to feel like you are part of something (IDO) when you are being excluded. Also it’s not a condemnation of what IDO is doing so much as it’s a statement of it’s not worth being on Facebook just to win some prize. I think several of us prefer to give our “like us” by posting here. Look at the bright side……there will be less competition for that hat if 10 of us stay away. smirk

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m shocked at the number of anti Facebook replies.

As am I. I sometimes feel like the only person not on Facebook, so it’s refreshing to hear that I am not alone! applause

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Pug you were friended, first IDOr saw on people you may know. Be prepared to be tagged.

Sharon
    SE Metro

What’s so wrong with Facebook? I theorize that at some point people were once whining because they needed an email address to sign up for contests/prizes… Now it’s generally assumed everyone has an email address and it wasn’t too terribly long ago that that wasn’t the case.

I feel like I keep saying these words, but again – it’s ALL in how you use Facebook. I thoroughly enjoy seeing tons of fun outdoors, fishing, hunting, and animal photos that people post. Don’t want to see a bunch of crappy posts? Simply don’t friend people who post crap. Easy as pie. )

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I agree Sharon, I get as much hunting/fishing info on Facebook that I do on the web.

There’s alot of junk on FB, but you just keep scrolling right past it. I keep up with many high school and college friends who are too far away to keep in contact with otherwise.

Thumbs up here for FB! And for the posts about leaving it for teenagers, fyi, teenagers have moved on from FB. Snapchat and Instagram is where they are now. They moved out once all their parents moved in!! yay

Bassn Dan

What’s so wrong with Facebook?

Facebook’s relentless “ad bombing” of every webpage you visit for one thing. I was on it for two weeks and HATED how slow many websites opened while waiting for all the FB garbage to link in.

IDO members appreciate our site sponsors and are VERY loyal to them. I used to hate ice fishing, but “accidently” saw an IDO ice fishing show (hoping that they had switched over to open water) and thought “Ice fishing the way James and the team do it is something I’d like.” So from nearly zero ice gear, I now have a Lazer Mag auger, Otter sled and rod case, and………

If you want to drive more traffic to the IDO YouTube site, add the episodes from “The missing years” and if most seasons have 26 episodes there are a LOT of episodes not posted for many of the seasons on the IDO video tab. Add more content and get more traffic.

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

No one is forcing anyone to enter.

The intent of the post was to inform forum members that are not also on Facebook that you have a chance to win some gear, thats all. We aren’t punishing you, punishing would be us not telling you or giving you an opportunity in the first place.

Because information is shared in numerous fashions online, we have to utilize all channels. The website and forum are our number one priority. Sorry to those who feel otherwise.

And based on responses, we will reward forum members with a couple giveaways too.

I am all ears if anyone want’s to provide suggestions on how we do a giveaway in the forums.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

As am I. I sometimes feel like the only person not on Facebook, so it’s refreshing to hear that I am not alone! applause

But you are on Twitter coffee

I agree with Sharon. It’s a great way to keep in touch with entities (not humans) with updates and what not.

I said I envy you guys mostly because at one time I was wide open and now have a massive list of “friends” and liked pages that I need to purge. Quite some time ago I also made my account private.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Thanks for the clarification Nick. Thanks for throwing some love to those of us not on Fb.

Signed,
    another anti Fb wave
    Dave

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Since no one else has said what should be said yet – Thank You Nick! We appreciate the thought behind this and are happy to be apart of a site that cares enough about its members to offer us free prizes just for enjoying the site content. Keep up the good work!

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

@crappie55369 Thanks bud, let me know when you want me to drop off my Tonka GPS Waypoints lol –

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

And thank you to those who have sent private messages to me with suggestions for Forum based contests. Very helpful!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.