Gasoline

• robby
    Quad Cities

Is gasoline less expensive in Iowa or Wisconsin?

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Google is all you need. Example:

Gas price Rock Island.
    Gas price St Cloud.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Is gasoline less expensive in Iowa or Wisconsin?

In Iowa gasoline prices now vary more than a dollar per gallon from city to city. I don’t think one can accurately compare state to state, Personally I would check city to city.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

In Marion, IA, gas is $3.12 a gallon, actually filled up for $2.92 a gallon in Tama, IA a couple days ago. Went to SW Wisconsin this weekend and noticed that gas was still hovering around $3.69. It’s weird, seems like a town five miles away could have gas 40 cents a gallon cheaper.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Hastings MN is under $3

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Cheaper by my cabin in NW wisconsin. Has been all summer.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

actually filled up for $2.92 a gallon in Tama, IA

Four hours ago it was $2.59 in Tama, Iowa.
    $3.60 in Shell Rock Iowa today right now.

stevenoak

In general Iowa is cheaper than MN., WI., and Il. But watch the alcohol content. Can be 15% rather than 10%. Also heard Iowa allows there to be a higher amount than advertised without penalty. Not sure if that’s true or not. This last year, gas could be nearly a dollar less crossing the Mississippi from Illinois to Iowa.

Iowaboy1

Iowa has been the dumping grounds for chit gas and diesel since the sixties period.
    Drive across the border into MN or Wis and fill up and get at least 6 more mpg.
    339 in kellogg for corngas today.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Iowa has been the dumping grounds for chit gas and diesel since the sixties period.

I never did the leg work to know if this was true or not, but had heard the same. I had relatives that lived in the Lancaster/Platteville WI area that always swore gasoline in nearby Iowa was worse and refused to use it with it having fewer regulations or transparency related to ethanol content.

CaptainMusky

I never did the leg work to know if this was true or not, but had heard the same. I had relatives that lived in the Lancaster/Platteville WI area that always swore gasoline in nearby Iowa was worse and refused to use it with it having fewer regulations or transparency related to ethanol content.

We drove from St Cloud to Houston, TX in July. The best MPG we got was on MN fuel. Worst was Iowa, but all the other states were a good 2 to 3 MPG lower than Our first tank from MN gas.

robby
    Quad Cities

Thank you all!

Aboxy17

I saw 2.99 in Hastings the other day and 3.80 everywhere else around me.

MX1825

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>iowaboy1 wrote:</div>

I live 15 miles from Dubuque Iowa. Get there at least every other week and NEVER bought gas there in 54 years of driving vehicles. Iowa was a dumping ground for poor fuel that would not pass WI fuel inspections. This is a fact heard from the state inspectors themselves.

robby
    Quad Cities

Thanks all!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.