Gas stoves

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

Surprised this hasn’t hit IDO yet.

There gunnin to take your gas stove away. Idiots!! doah

Coletrain27

What’s the reasoning for this now? If I have to cook on a electric stove I’m not gonna be happy

Iowaboy1

Just another form of command and control using the health of children with asthma to lead the charge.
    They dont mention that almost every gas stove out there has a dang range hood over it that pulls out the fumes and cooking odors.
    Once they have you hooked to the grid and they shut your power off you have to depend on the gubbiment to feed you.
    Am I crazy?? nope, just look at all of the crap going down since the sixties, one freedom at a time.

LPG and Natural gas are the cleanest forms of fuel out there, well, unless you are completely retarded and stand over it while being combusted and breathe in every fume it gives off.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I don’t have a gas line to my house but I’ve only had a gas stove when we owned the camper.

So I don’t see how this works?? What about gas water heaters, furnaces. And the same _____ idiots thinking about this are probably the same ones wanting to shut down coal fired power plants. And what are they converting them to???? GAS! doah

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

What’s the reasoning for this now? If I have to cook on a electric stove I’m not gonna be happy

They say it gives kids asthma

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So I don’t see how this works?? What about gas water heaters, furnaces. doah

Apparently it’s the fumes in the kitchen that can cause asthma when there is prolonged exposure. Properly ventilated hoods above the stove can mitigate these fumes.

With those other appliances, there’s no fumes floating around in the kitchen. There are exhaust vents to send the fumes outside. At least on my furnace there is.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I don’t have a gas line to my house but I’ve only had a gas stove when we owned the camper.

So I don’t see how this works?? What about gas water heaters, furnaces. And the same _____ idiots thinking about this are probably the same ones wanting to shut down coal fired power plants. And what are they converting them to???? GAS!

And to think that over 50% of voting Americans voted for these people that are making these decisions… Supposedly…So they say… coffee

blackbay
    mn

Get rid of the gas stoves so kids don’t get asthma but mom and dad can vape hot processed oil or smoke 2 packs a day.

MX1825

It is also about the carbon footprint. Just like your car or any fuel you burn it is harming the atmosphere. So some people say. whistling
    In the great State of California some cities already ban gas furnaces in any new buildings.
    It’s all about going green——till there is not enough electricity. Then the color is black. doah

wkw

I heard on the “news”,they claim the exhaust from gas stoves is the same as 500,000 gas powered cars. Gimme a break!!!

Reef W

Don’t want to ruin the circlejerk but this whole stupid story is based on the CPSC commissioner saying “Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned…” when taking about the indoor air quality effects of gas stoves. Since then There have been numerous statements saying they don’t want to ban them such as the attached image and a white house press conference that said:

“The president does not support banning gas stoves,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said at Wednesday’s briefing. “And the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which is independent, is not banning gas stoves. I just want to be very clear on that.”

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230111_223508_Twitter.jpg

nord

Thanks. Reef Whooligan. for bringing this circlejerk to an end.

JEREMY
    BP

Dang it. I didnt even get a chance to start jerking.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

While not specific to stoves, in the New York governor’s State of the State address, she said “To set us on that path, I’m proposing a plan to end the sale of any new fossil-fuel-powered heating equipment by 2030. And I’m calling for all new construction to be zero-emission, starting in 2025 for small buildings and 2028 for large buildings. We are taking these actions because climate change remains the greatest threat to our planet, and to our children and grandchildren.
    https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/remarks-prepared-governor-hochul-delivers-2023-state-state

So while not specific to gas stoves, the concern that the government wants to do away with them and similar natural gas-fired home items is valid.

duh queen

Let’s have an exercise in reasoning and logic here for a moment. How many kids die annually as a direct result of exposure to gas stove exhaust? I suspect that this “cause” was chosen as a trial balloon because of the nebulous data allegedly supporting their claim. After all, who can deny the data when it really doesn’t exist.
    Meanwhile, here are some some numbers that are beyond challenge:
    12,000. That’s the number of deaths caused by drunk drivers last year. And it doesn’t include the number injured or crippled for life, or the damage and pain experienced by the families of victims. Here’s another number. xxxxxxx. That’s the number of deaths and injuries cause by driving while stoned on pot. We don’t know that number because we haven’t developed a test for determining if a driver is impaired.
    Now, what is one of the first and most prominent item’s on the DFL’s agenda this session? The Legalization of recreational pot.
    So by contrast, the dimwit bureaucrats in DC want to ban gas stoves for what they might do, while the DFL wants to legalize pot in spite of what is will do. What am I missing here?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

If I have to cook on a electric stove I’m not gonna be happy

My previous house which was brand new (built in 2012) had an electric stove. I hated it.

The house I moved into last May has a natural gas one with cast iron grates. Its so much better for cooking and efficiency.

Even if they ban the sale of new gas stoves, they’ll have to come pry the current one from my bare hands.

Coletrain27

My previous house which was brand new (built in 2012) had an electric stove. I hated it.

The house I moved into last May has a natural gas one with cast iron grates. Its so much better for cooking and efficiency.

Even if they ban the sale of new gas stoves, they’ll have to come pry the current one from my bare hands.

Yea I hear ya!

Riverrat

300 that’s the number of people who die falling from ladders each year. Ban short people. If there isnt a roadside test for being under the influence of THC why are people regularly being arrested for it then?

Umy
    South Metro

Actually, I watched one of our elected officials here in Minnesota, on the “regular” news channel say the marijuana legislation was NOT about legalizing marijuana, it was about social justice. Channel 9
    Because there are “individuals@ behind bars for selling or trafficking marijuana. So that should be okay now with new legislation because those people are …….
    Stop already with the divisive decision making.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

My question is now that everyone is looking at their stoves what is being pushed out the back door?

Ripjiggen

Don’t want to ruin the circlejerk but this whole stupid story is based on the CPSC commissioner saying “Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned…” when taking about the indoor air quality effects of gas stoves. Since then There have been numerous statements saying they don’t want to ban them such as the attached image and a white house press conference that said:

“The president does not support banning gas stoves,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said at Wednesday’s briefing. “And the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which is independent, is not banning gas stoves. I just want to be very clear on that.”

Kind of crazy what social media did to the original comment isn’t it?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Actually, I watched one of our elected officials here in Minnesota, on the “regular” news channel say the marijuana legislation was NOT about legalizing marijuana, it was about social justice. Channel 9
    Because there are “individuals@ behind bars for selling or trafficking marijuana. So that should be okay now with new legislation because those people are …….
    Stop already with the divisive decision making.

I feel like an inmate looking out of the bars at what’s happening in this country.

Umy
    South Metro

Right there with ya Suzuki.
    Gonna really press it home here in Minnesota since the Dems control both sides.
    Balance – bi-partisan???
    Not on this current watch.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

What is going to happen when the electrical grid cant handle all the EVs and we cant cook food or use a microwave?

Hmmmmmm….good cure for our obesity problem?

Reef W

Dang it. I didnt even get a chance to start jerking.

Seems there is still plenty of time

CaptainMusky

Hmmmmmm….good cure for our obesity problem?

They are so concerned about adolescent obesity that rather than teach better eating habits and exercise in schools they want to pump the kids full of drugs and give them gastro-bypass. This country/world is absolutely nuts with their obsession with pharma, etc.

Paul D
    Roseville

Garage Logic – The gubment trying to protect us from ourselves. They are way smarter than we are.

Good lord, how have we been able to make it so far in life without them?

And about the $17 Billion “surplus”? How about returning it to the PEOPLE that you took it from?

JEREMY
    BP

After getting my $396 dollar gas bill yesterday im glad I have an electric stove.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.