Gas stoves

• CaptainMusky
    Participant

I read a stat yesterday I believe that the average household is making $12000 per year less because of the grotesque inflation. $5 for a dozen eggs is robbery.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

this whole stupid story is based on the CPSC commissioner saying “Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned…” when taking about the indoor air quality effects of gas stoves. Since then There have been numerous statements saying they don’t want to ban them such as the attached image and a white house press conference that said

And based off of this letter signed by 20 Democrats, including prominent ones like Cory Booker, Elizabeth Warren, Ted Lieu, Bernie Sanders, Dianne Feinstein and countless other Democrat politicians who tweeted support (AOC and the squad). The great irony is the pics of all of these politicians in their own kitchens with gas stoves. Just another example of rules for thee, and not for me from the Democrat Elites.

http://www.booker.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/booker_beyer_lead_colleagues_in_urging_cpsc_to_address_dangerous_indoor_air_pollutions_emitted_by_gas_stoves.pdf

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

$5 for a dozen eggs is robbery.

Egg prices are primarily due to avian influenza.

There are other minor factors like the cost of diesel and chicken feed, but the very fatal spread of bird flu is the main reason. Until that is kept under better control, egg (and turkey) prices will remain high.

BTW I agree that its highway robbery lol

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Agreed. The record low water levels on the Mississippi really put a halt to transport of grains too putting a major strain and increased cost of shipping since its so cheap to transport via barge vs semi.
    Good news is that if you pay attention places like Kwik Trip, not your normal grocery store will often have sales on eggs, milk, potatoes, etc that is super cheap so you can save some dough that way.

Reef W
    Participant

And based off of this letter signed by 20 Democrats, including prominent ones like Cory Booker, Elizabeth Warren, Ted Lieu, Bernie Sanders, Dianne Feinstein and countless other Democrat politicians who tweeted support (AOC and the squad)

http://www.booker.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/booker_beyer_lead_colleagues_in_urging_cpsc_to_address_dangerous_indoor_air_pollutions_emitted_by_gas_stoves.pdf

Did you read it? Where do they ask for a ban? It says:

We also request that the CPSC consider taking the following actions to help protect Americans from the hazards of gas stove emissions:
    ● Require gas stoves to be sold with range hoods that meet mandatory performance standards, assessing their efficiency of removing the pollutants,
    ● Where feasible, issue mandatory performance standards for gas stoves that address steady-state-off leakage, including requiring automatic shut-off valves,
    ● Where feasible, issue mandatory performance standards for gas stoves that address the health impacts of hazardous emissions,
    ● Require labels on gas stoves that educate consumers about their exposure risks,
    ● Launch a public education campaign on the health risks of cooking with a gas stove, and steps that consumers can take to minimize their risk.

The great irony is the pics of all of these politicians in their own kitchens with gas stoves. Just another example of rules for thee, and not for me from the Democrat Elites.

Please elaborate on what rules are being forced on you that don’t apply to them.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I bought 18 eggs yesterday fresh from the farmer for 3.50. Would have been 3 bucks if I brought my own carton. Why do you guys spend 5 bucks on a dozen lol. Makes me laugh.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Why do you guys spend 5 bucks on a dozen lol. Makes me laugh.

We dont have any local farmers selling eggs around us.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Did you read it? Where do they ask for a ban?

Of course they don’t flatly say it, just use verbose obscure language but you don’t have to read too far between the lines, “As you know, the CPSC has broad authority under the Consumer Product Safety Act to regulate consumer products that pose an unreasonable risk of injury. We urge the Commission to protect consumers from these harmful emissions….urge the CPSC to move quickly on this RFI and use the responses to swiftly initiate impactful rulemaking. As part of this process, we ask the CPSC to explicitly evaluate the disparate health outcomes that occur from the coupling of gas stoves with the material realities to which the most vulnerable Americans are subjected”

Please elaborate on what rules are being forced on you that don’t apply to them.

If you thought gas stoves were such a health risk to sign a letter such as they did, wouldn’t you pull them from your own house immediately? But of course none of them did, or will, they will just impose a law on all of us peasants incrementally until you can no longer get a replacement gas stove or build anything new with one and they are phased out over time.

Marx said, “Remove one freedom per generation and soon you will have no freedom and no one would have noticed.”

gizmoguy
    Participant
    Crystal,MN

I always wondered why I’m a little fuzzy after a weekend in the fishhouse. Now I know. lol

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200216_104711-scaled.jpg

stout93
    Participant
    Becker MN

Don’t want to ruin the circlejerk but this whole stupid story is based on the CPSC commissioner saying “Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned…” when taking about the indoor air quality effects of gas stoves. Since then There have been numerous statements saying they don’t want to ban them such as the attached image and a white house press conference that said:

“The president does not support banning gas stoves,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said at Wednesday’s briefing. “And the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which is independent, is not banning gas stoves. I just want to be very clear on that.”

Protect the regime at all costs…

The WH put that statement out there because the idea was getting mocked and ridiculed beyond all belief…

Tlazer
    Participant

I do agree many politicians have the rules for thee, but not for me attitude. I saw an article that one of, if not the worst polluter is the private jet. Pollutes many times over what an automobile would when traveling the same distance. So it makes you wonder when all the people who talk about climate change like Al Gore and all the people who flew to the climate change meeting are flying in private jets.

gizmoguy
    Participant
    Crystal,MN

The WH put that statement out there because the idea was getting mocked and ridiculed beyond all belief…

2X

Just like when they purposed the Ministry of Truth.

Reef W
    Participant

Of course they don’t flatly say it, just use verbose obscure language but you don’t have to read too far between the lines,

“There’s big words so I make up whatever I want”. Well, can’t argue with that jester

Show me who proposed the idea to ban gas stoves.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

“There’s big words so I make up whatever I want”. Well, can’t argue with that

LOL just judging off government history, remember the Patriot Act? Are you not a patriot that wants to stop terrorism? It didn’t spell out they would use it primarily against us.

Sylvanboat
    Participant

This is the Administrative State at work. If you vote Democratic, you support this kind of regulation.

eyekatcher
    Participant
    Lakeville, MN

FYI
    This study was done by RMI, check out who funded it.

stout93
    Participant
    Becker MN

Hochul (D)

Reef W
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Reef Whooligan wrote:</div>

Hochul (D)

The governor of NY. Fair enough, I didn’t specify it had to be somebody in any way relevant to the discussion about the CPSC and federal government lol

Umy
    Participant
    South Metro

EVERYTHING this administration does is mockable.
    “Ministry of Truth” / Disinformation CZAR …..?!??!
    Are you kidding me?!
    If you can’t draw some scary parallels perhaps you need to read your history a little more.
    More illegals have crossed in the last two years than the entire population in 22 of our states!
    At least 1 illegal in EVERY county in this country as of right now.
    I would think that merits more concern than my gas stove or being able to smoke weed.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

The governor of NY. Fair enough, I didn’t specify it had to be somebody in any way relevant to the discussion about the CPSC and federal government lol

Does this count or not because he didn’t specifically say he would?

Attachments:
    1. 0A26E029-E996-4915-A74D-2512E8EA367E.png

Reef W
    Participant

Does this count or not because he didn’t specifically say he would?

Already posted on page 1 that he said “Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned…” So, no, factually stating that the CPSC has the ability to ban products is not proposing a ban. How do we know this besides, you know, reading it? First, they released a statement saying they don’t want to ban them and second, they are opening a feedback period about how they can be “made safe”. What did the letter you posted earlier ask for; regulations that help them be “made safe”. If they are “made safe” then his statement clearly says they wouldn’t be banned.

Brittman
    Participant

It is this hysteria driven journalism on both sides that is causing chaos. Granted the liberal press runs at a hysteria rate of about 10 times higher, but the conservative press and more often the right wing pod casters are often so desperate to find any possible counter punch that they march right down the same path and just as fast a pace.

That said, if you have a child that has significant asthma issues requiring an inhaler and you have a gas stove in your home. Something to consider …

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

The guy you posted on page 1, is a different guy. Take a scroll thru this guy’s Twitter and objectively tell me if you think he would like to ban them or not. And again he doesn’t specifically say it, so you may have to interpret intent. This is a real person that we pay $160k a year.

Attachments:
    1. C5843899-D142-41FA-B1C6-EE063F532C34.png

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Why am I not surprised he looks like he does. That dude looks like a safety guy. rotflol

dirtywater
    Participant

Based on this thread it’s more likely we are crippled by a sudden tinfoil shortage than see Uncle Sam coming for our stoves. toast

Ripjiggen
    Participant

That made me LOL.

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

It is this hysteria driven journalism on both sides that is causing chaos. Granted the liberal press runs at a hysteria rate of about 10 times higher, but the conservative press and more often the right wing pod casters are often so desperate to find any possible counter punch that they march right down the same path and just as fast a pace.
    That said, if you have a child that has significant asthma issues requiring an inhaler and you have a gas stove in your home. Something to consider …

x99999999999999. This post is what should be on the top of the general discussion page. I wish people would realize in the last few years how bad it’s gotten with misinformation, or stories that are barely true. Then the confirmation bias kicks in….people find a shred of something that fits their agenda or beliefs and just go with it. Other like-minded people see that, don’t fact check it because it’s what they want to believe, and it just spreads.

For example, look at the whole “littler boxes in schools” situation and how that got spread all over social media, workplaces, IDO, even Tucker Carlson himself….and it was all made up.

Reef W
    Participant

The guy you posted on page 1, is a different guy.

I said the quote is from the (should have been “a”) commissioner (Rich Trumka Jr) and is what started this. Your WaPo screenshot is referencing that quote. The screenshot is from the chair and I said was posted by “they” with “they” being the CPSC.

You keep moving the goalposts but, OK, lets say Trumka Jr wants to ban them. There are FIVE commissioners (with 1 being the Chair) that vote on things. Why are you giving such weight to Trumka Jr’s statement over Hoehn-Saric’s statement? Maybe because you desperately want something to be mad about and no lack of evidence is going to stop you?

RM
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>
    If I have to cook on a electric stove I’m not gonna be happy

My previous house which was brand new (built in 2012) had an electric stove. I hated it.

The house I moved into last May has a natural gas one with cast iron grates. Its so much better for cooking and efficiency.

Even if they ban the sale of new gas stoves, they’ll have to come pry the current one from my bare hands.

We just bought a new Frigidaire Gallery Range with induction cooktop. 100x better than gas or traditional electric stoves. It’s seriously awesome. I can get a whole pot of water to boil in 60 seconds. And when I lift the pot of the stove, the stove is only warm to the touch and not scalding hot. The stove senses if a pot is in place and turns off the magnets if it doesn’t sense any cookware. Super decreased risk of burns.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.