Gas auger

• The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Guys any reviews or suggestions on a good gas auger? I have this P.O.S. jiffy I bought 6 years ago has been a pile from the beginning. I wish I could find a brand new old school mag 111 that I used for 30 years. Not interested in battery or drill/k drill thanks in advance

B-man

The used market is flooded with gas augers for $100-$250.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Looking for new as I don’t need anyone’s hasbeen equipment but thanks for that would like 1 that has a choke and not a bulb to prime

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Guys any reviews or suggestions on a good gas auger? I have this P.O.S. jiffy I bought 6 years ago has been a pile from the beginning. I wish I could find a brand new old school mag 111 that I used for 30 years. Not interested in battery or drill/k drill thanks in advance

I have the yellow jiffy legend and it’s been reliable as all get out.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Big crappies dad has a brand new strikemaster for sale. It’s drilled 1 hole before he moved away. Contact him. I wanted it but bought a buddies.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Thanks coletrain but have research propane and don’t think it suits my needs, I usually leave my auger out in all conditions so that’s y I am liking gas and not battery or propane. My buddy has propane and it has failed in extreme cold

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Eskimo Mako. Reeds has them in stock.

-J.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Jon do you use that model

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Yes. 8 inch version. Third season. Easy start, smooth runner. Not too heavy for a gasser. Zero issues.

-J.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thanks coletrain but have research propane and don’t think it suits my needs, I usually leave my auger out in all conditions so that’s y I am liking gas and not battery or propane. My buddy has propane and it has failed in extreme cold

Propane augers are a nightmare pile of garbage.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Jon how do the double cutting blades hold up? Thanks

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Bite right in. Quick, smooth cut. No complaints.

-J.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I just recently bought a 8” strikemaster with the solo engine. Thing seems great. Seen a bunch around $125-$150.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Used. For every one listed, cut their price in half and offer cash. Remind them it will never be worth a dime more than it is now. For $100-150 you should find something reliable and well taken care of

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Have not heard back I pm him no response

Nice Fella

Bite right in. Quick, smooth cut. No complaints.

-J.

I also run the Mako, 8th season, never a problem. Started yesterday on 3rd pull for first time out. Cuts good. Has a bulb and a choke.

tim hurley

Love my Nihls, light, fast, reliable. Make sure you get the regular shaft length.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Bearcat do you have a contact for him

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

love my propane jiffy for thick ice and big holes. Never have a problem with it in extreme cold. It takes me 10 seconds to take off the tank to keep it warm and then another ten seconds to put it back on. have a 4.5 inch and 6 inch nils that fit the cordless drill as well. I have no problems drilling the holes the size i want. i don’t take all augers out with me. only the 1 i will need for the day.

Umy
    South Metro

For what it’s worth – LOVE my eskimo propane – never a problem
    ALWAYS keep my propane tank in the truck/hub with me so it is warm. After that, leave it outside on the ice, never a problem
    Hope you find the one you are looking for.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I am here, working to hard to get online LOL. We talked Thanks

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Wound up buying a jiffy xt 30 pro it has a 5 year warranty and bought a extra 2 for 7 total years for a extra 40.00 . We all know this warranty stuff is a joke but with the lack of augers available I bought the last 1 fleet farm Rochester had. Thanks for your comments and your help!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.