Garmin wins in court , now what ?

• Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I see Lowrance lost there lawsuit against Garmin . I wonder if garmin will start sellng there units now with true down and side view, not stitched together,as in Clear view ? Anyone here anything ?

TripleA
    Blaine

Not sure but to me Garmin will need about 20 years before I consider buying when they purposefully decieved and lied about a product…. thats as low as any company can go period. I would be livid if I owned one of them from the fake downvu era.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Not sure but to me Garmin will need about 20 years before I consider buying when they purposefully decieved and lied about a product…. thats as low as any company can go period. I would be livid if I owned one of them from the fake downvu era.

Obviously you didn’t buy one so I really don’t understand why you are so dramatic about it. Give it a rest already coffee

TripleA
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TripleA wrote:</div>

I hope you don’t own a HBird as well cause their first few years also did not have true Down imaging,only Lowrance did. HB used SI to “interpret” DI…which is similar to what Garmin did (in a sense).

I have lowrance, but wanted to go garmin last year until I found out about their business practices.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I like my new garmin unit. I does what it supposed to do.
    I have never been let down by garmin. Those other 2 companies are the reason I went to garmin.
    Buisiness practices? Sounds like pure speculation based on internet jibbering lead by Navico slander and fake news releases.
    Puttin must be behind it all, trying to take down the free market, isn’t that right Navico?

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I like my new garmin unit. I does what it supposed to do.
    I have never been let down by garmin. Those other 2 companies are the reason I went to garmin.
    Buisiness practices? Sounds like pure speculation based on internet jibbering lead by Navico slander and fake news releases.
    Puttin must be behind it all, trying to take down the free market, isn’t that right Navico?
    jester

c_w
    central MN

I see Lowrance lost there lawsuit against Garmin . I wonder if garmin will start sellng there units now with true down and side view, not stitched together,as in Clear view ? Anyone here anything ?

Only thing I heard is a 38 million dollar payday last week. Another guilty verdict against Garmin. And for the Puttin reference….

Attachments:
    1. 1253262B-1D3F-42C9-8227-F35B90338916-1017-000000E5754FA350.jpeg

tim hurley

All these units are way too ‘hands on’, Apple should make them. For instance on mine you are supposed to set the speed of your boat. Kidding? it has a gps and a computer it should flippin know and adjust. Should be able to fish and watch the scenery.

mojogunter

In what realm do you have to set your speed? The only thing I think you could be talking about would be chart speed, but that wouldn’t be setting the speed of your boat. In side imaging you need to adjust the chart speed to show a clear image in relation to the boat speed. I have my chart on max and it seems best at about 3mph. I had to do the same with humminbird. I haven’t owned a lowrance with SI, but I would guess it would be the same.

All these units are way too ‘hands on’, Apple should make them. For instance on mine you are supposed to set the speed of your boat. Kidding? it has a gps and a computer it should flippin know and adjust. Should be able to fish and watch the scenery.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.