Garmin/Terrova question

• Welder guy

I’ve got a garmin echomap 73cv plus on the front of the boat running through my terrova transducer, can I still create maps with this setup??

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

I would not expect any of the Garmin special features to work with that universal sonar. Have you tried to do it?

mojogunter

Yes it will work fine mapping.

Welder guy

Thanks mojo! Lucky dave, no not yet, rained for 2 days here and the lake I’m mapping is on a dirt road,its a mess

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

I’m glad the map drawing software will work for you. I have a 93sv plus and Minn Kota said all of the features won’t work with the universal sonar.

Welder guy

I’m glad the map drawing software will work for you. I have a 93sv plus and Minn Kota said all of the features won’t work with the universal sonar.

well we find out in the morning I’d it’s a go.

Welder guy

It works! Dave I’d throw an sd card in the garmin and try it

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

I bought a Terrova without a transducer and instead bought a trolling motor transducer for my 93sv plus. It works great and I saved over $400 going this route. The extra cable is no issue at all and I have all of the Garmin features. Glad it worked out for you Clay.

Curtis Venne

Hey WELDERGUY, i have this setup and it seems to be close to yours. Did you notice that your garmin device had ALL normal features (other than clearvu) when plugged into the terrorva ducer?? This is my setup and question:

2021 Terrova with Ipilot and US2 sonar built in
    Garmin Echomap UHD 73CV head unit

I want to know if the flasher portion of the unit will work while plugged into the Terrova US2 ducer that’s built in??

Thx

Welder guy

Hey WELDERGUY, i have this setup and it seems to be close to yours. Did you notice that your garmin device had ALL normal features (other than clearvu) when plugged into the terrorva ducer?? This is my setup and question:

2021 Terrova with Ipilot and US2 sonar built in
    Garmin Echomap UHD 73CV head unit

I want to know if the flasher portion of the unit will work while plugged into the Terrova US2 ducer that’s built in??

Thx

flasher worked fine. I’ve upgraded everything including the boat sinse this post. Still running garmin’s though but with a regular 56 transducer on the terrova with a cornfield crappie gear mount.

Curtis Venne

Ok, perfect…. Thx sir… So basically the only thing it wont do is the ClearVu???

Curtis Venne

Another question now…. What transducer did you pick on the Garmin head unit??? Do you set it to auto or do you set it to Minn Kota??? When i leave at auto it just says its a GT10HN which i think is just the ice transducer unit that i had for ice fishing….

Thx

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.