Garmin LiveScope Ice Fishing Bundle with Lithium Battery [010-02342-20]

• Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Is this a good way to go or is it better to build your own setup?
    My Green Outdoors has apparently all you need for 3 grand. No tax.
    Are they a reputable seller?
    Most places are asking the same price but some you have to pay tax.
    Do you think they will drop in price latter in the season?
    I was hoping to be able to use this as a stand alone outfit in the boat as well.
    Thanks for input.

Fowldreams55398

We ordered ours through Reeds. They said it is exclusive to them in regards to getting the correct connectors in the kit instead of piecing together like other stores offer. And their customer service is awesome. I’m sure they’ll be running some black Friday deals like last year. That’s when we ordered.

cheers

I just ordered 010-02525-05 yesterday They appear to be the same units perhaps with different charts preloaded ??? Mine was $3900 Canadian dollars or about $3000 USD.
    Couldn’t get much advise so am hoping we made a good choice .
    How to mount for use in summer ????

Wildlifeguy

Bought a Helix through there last year, was a little worried too about the no tax deal, but other than a minor mix up, (which they addressed exceedingly promptly and well) everything was perfect. Not sure what the story is, but they sure seemed to have good prices and a strangely good selection for a place I’d never heard of.

JoeMX1825
    MN

It’s MUCH cheaper to buy the pieces individually vs the Garmin kit. This also allows you to get the better pole and battery options. Go read through the Garmin board on this site, tons of info there.

There’s NOTHING exclusive to the Reeds bundle, all they do is buy the different pieces in bulk and put them in the same box… Their profit is what you could save if you did the same thing if you take 5 minutes to look online.

The Garmin bundle is the same idea, especially the 16.5ah Lithium battery option they charge $200 for vs a 32ah Amped Outdoors you can buy for $189

There’s also another $200 Livescope rebate from Garmin starting the end of November

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Thanks guys,

Great info. Any more info that could help save some $$$ please let me know. Here or PM.

Thanks again

Eric Hammerud

there is a $200 difference between the lithium battery version and the regular battery. I got the regular battery version and got a amped outdoors 30ah battery for $100. I got a far better battery and saved $100 over the lithium battery version. And if you want, you can sell the lead acid battery that comes with it for $50. That battery is a tank.

usmarine0352

I just ordered a 12″ Livescope from Chad Buechler out of Centerville, MN. His store is the Centermart Twin Lakes Stop Minnoco which is right near Hugo/Forest Lake, MN.

A friend and I priced it out and Chad has a very fair price.

He assembles it for you.

I got mine which the bigger lithium Amp battery.

He uses ARC Lab which uses an aluminum shuttle and aluminum pole which is much stronger than the 3D printed ones.

People have talked about the 3D printed ones like Summit getting brittle in the extreme cold and the Livescope screen falling and cracking which is not covered by warranty.

I looked at some of the 3D printed shuttles at the Blaine iceshow yesterday and they seemed weak, I definitely wouldn’t risk my expensive Livescope to one.

vinella

there is a $200 difference between the lithium battery version and the regular battery. I got the regular battery version and got a amped outdoors 30ah battery for $100. I got a far better battery and saved $100 over the lithium battery version. And if you want, you can sell the lead acid battery that comes with it for $50. That battery is a tank.

I gotta ask… how’d you find a 30ah lithium battery for $100? Used?

JoeMX1825
    MN

I just ordered a 12″ Livescope from Chad Buechler out of Centerville, MN. His store is the Centermart Twin Lakes Stop Minnoco which is right near Hugo/Forest Lake, MN.

He assembles it for you.

He uses ARC Lab which uses an aluminum shuttle and aluminum pole which is much stronger than the 3D printed ones.

People have talked about the 3D printed ones like Summit getting brittle in the extreme cold and the Livescope screen falling and cracking which is not covered by warranty.

I looked at some of the 3D printed shuttles at the Blaine iceshow yesterday and they seemed weak, I definitely wouldn’t risk my expensive Livescope to one.

so you’re risking your $3,000+ setup on a exposed shuttle with no case instead? I agree that the 3d printed shuttles can be weaker and only held together with small screws, but most of the sellers warranty their products for life (like Summit). This reason is why I use the Garmin XL shuttle and case.

Whatever you choose, it needs to be enclosed inside a case to be protected.

Nobody makes a 3d printed pole… anything besides the PVC Garmin pole is a better choice.

usmarine0352

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>usmarine0352 wrote:</div>

He assembles it for you.

so you’re risking your $3,000+ setup on a exposed shuttle with no case instead? I agree that the 3d printed shuttles can be weaker and only held together with small screws, but most of the sellers warranty their products for life (like Summit). This reason is why I use the Garmin XL shuttle and case.

Whatever you choose, it needs to be enclosed inside a case to be protected.

12″ comes with a protective case and I am going to get a Summit Shuttle bag for it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Every Garmin comes with a plastic screen cover… case = fabric/nylon bag the shuttle fits in.

The manufacturer’s shuttle typically fits its case/bag like a glove, something to watch for when you mix & match.

usmarine0352

Every Garmin comes with a plastic screen cover… case = fabric/nylon bag the shuttle fits in.

The manufacturer’s shuttle typically fits its case/bag like a glove, something to watch for when you mix & match.

I think the shuttle case only comes with the icefishing kit.

I know the XL Shuttle bag from Summit will fit the ARC Lab shuttle with 12″ screen.

And it’s cheaper, too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.