Garmin ECHO Map UHD

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Looking like Garmin is updating their line this year. I’m seeing the models 73/93/94 models are going on sale. Curious for those that have one – How do you like them? Not seeing a lot of negative reviews out there.

I’m considering one or two of these units as an upgrade for my Jon Boat. Mostly for side scan abilities.

Also, jump now or wait for the sports shows just around the corner?

-J.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Scheels had the 106sv marked down to $899. They are currently sold out but will be getting more in. These come without the transducer but you could find a gt54 (older model) for less than $150 and you would have an awesome set up. I rigged my new to me boat with 3 garmins. (2 106sv and a 93sv)

3Rivers

I think there is a lot of value in the 93UHD. I’ve had mine for a few years now and I don’t have any complaints. I do get a little bit of pixel envy when I see the higher end versions.

Things to consider.

The 93 consumes a lot less energy and you will get more runtime.
    The 93 has limited networking and display options if you are waning to hook it up to another display or do direct recording.

IF side scan is your #1 priority, I do think HB will give you a better overall image quality, or at least from what I’ve seen with my own eyes.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I run 2 lowrance hds 12s and 2 garmin 93uhd units. I actually really like the garmin units. They work awesome and are really user friendly. If I needed another unit I would be ju.ping on this sale. I also run a 73 in the wi ter for my portable mapping. It gets me way closer then my navionics through my phone.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I run two of the 93sv and they are a great unit. I have never used the GT56 ducer i only have the GT54 but it is still a good image. I figured if the screen got wet it wouldnt work super well but I have fished in plenty of rain. The nice thing is they are pretty easy to setup and the touch screen is nice. I am not sure if they are still offering it but you might be able to get a free upgrade to the most recent maps. I dont think you would go wrong with it. Also the quick release bracket is awesome. You can take your units out of your boat in seconds.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

I run a couple UHD 93SV’s. I like them. I have realized I am missing out on detail with the pixelation and screen size. I plan on buying the 126SV to pair with my GT-56. The 93’s are hooked up to my cranking battery (24 Group). I would get those out of the boat and run the 126 Solo. Will I face issues with the larger current draw/does anyone run the battery separate?

Ripjiggen

Just get a bigger battery. Shouldn’t be an issue.

I like my 93 for ice fishing and for my portable unit. Not sure what the price is but they frequently are on sale.

10klakes

Didn’t they updated the line last year to echomap UHD 2? Wireless networking was one of the upgrades if I remember. I’m sure they still have inventory to clear out.

I like the garmins, good value for the price. Hummingbird still wins with lakemaster chips I feel, and having a minnkota with I pilot I need one for linking them.

JoeMX1825
    MN

UHD2 models use 2-3 times the power of the UHD1 models and that’s mostly due to wireless networking, they say the screen is better too but you can’t tell on Livescope… The UHD93 model has actually gone up in price $100 2 years ago (They are now on sale at BPS for $699, 2+ years ago they were $599) because they are such good units for Ice bundles due to their low power consumption.

The sales aren’t due to an inventory clear out reason, they’ve had the same sales going on for 5+ years now…it just gets fisherman frothy thinking they need to get one before they run out…just shows you the margins they have on their new units with the GT56 ducers…

10klakes

UHD2 models use 2-3 times the power of the UHD1 models and that’s mostly due to wireless networking, they say the screen is better too but you can’t tell on Livescope… The UHD93 model has actually gone up in price $100 2 years ago (They are now on sale at BPS for $699, 2+ years ago they were $599) because they are such good units for Ice bundles due to their low power consumption.

The sales aren’t due to an inventory clear out reason, they’ve had the same sales going on for 5+ years now…it just gets fisherman frothy thinking they need to get one before they run out…just shows you the margins they have on their new units with the GT56 ducers…

Great info. Wasn’t aware of the power draw difference. One would think you could turn off wireless networking to save battery, but merely an assumption. I’ve never research or used the UHD2.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.