Garmin 450 Oregon help

• fireline
    Rochester

I have a Garmin 450 Oregon with the upper Midwest fishing guide ( Sept. 2011 ) chip . What do I need to order (part) to make the two of them to work together ?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I don’t really understand the issue. I assume that the chip is a Garmin chip?

Are you missing the SD micro SD adapter?

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

Should be just plug and play if you have the micro sd card. If you have the regular sd card check to see if it is micro sd card adapter, more than likey it is. If is the micro sd slides in at the top of the card. Push in a bit release it should spring out
    I believe pull it out and insert the small card into unit.

fireline
    Rochester

I don’t really understand the issue. I assume that the chip is a Garmin chip?

Are you missing the SD micro SD adapter?

I believe that’s what I need . The Chip is to big to fit into the port . Will try to get some pic’s up on what I have .

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

Picture of micro sd card and micro sd adaptor.
    the other picture is where micro sd slides into adapter. I was wrong about pushing on it and springing out. There is a small grove when the micro sd is in the adapter at the top use your fingernail in the groove to pull the micro sd out of the adapter. When you install the micro sd card in the unit that’s where you will feel the springing feel.
    The adapter lets you use the micro sd card in a gps/sonar.

Attachments:
    1. 20141215_012242.jpg

2. 20141215_012257.jpg

fireline
    Rochester

Got it thanks everyone .

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

FYI, I have also had issues with bad micro SD adapters. It wouldn’t make good contact with the gps unit when it was installed so the gps unit couldn’t read the card. I replaced the adapter and it worked better.

Ultimately I actually downloaded the Garmin Midwest data directly to the Colorado so I don’t have to mess with cards any more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.