Gander Outdoors-Going Under???

• Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

So today we stopped at Gander Outdoors 40% off storewide clearance sale. We were shocked it looked more like a “Store Closing” sale! The shelves were empty and what was left was picked over. I asked a sales associate “So what’s going on-is Gander closing?” His reply was that he didn’t know and management wouldn’t say anything. He also didn’t know when their next inventory truck was coming. Although we did find some great buys, it makes you wonder if Gander is going under, or just some kind of restructuring going on?

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

What store (location)? Have not seen that by us in se Wi

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

The Onalaska Store near LaCrosse, WI had a big sale as you mentioned.

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

Yes, the Onalaska location. Vern-thanks for posting the link of that story, makes sense means that Onalaska store does not sell RVs. I know the Eau Claire location sells RVs but have not heard from my brother who lives up that way if they had any kind of sale. Yet losing another outdoor store down here for outdoor enthusiasts

Dan Baker

Just read an article that they were closing all stores that didn’t carry RV’s. And rebranding the rest Gander Outdoor and RV.

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

Yes, the Onalaska location. Vern-thanks for posting the link of that story, makes sense means that Onalaska store does not sell RVs. I know the Eau Claire location sells RVs but have not heard from my brother who lives up that way if they had any kind of sale. Yet losing another outdoor store down here for outdoor enthusiasts

My brother called me from the store, they had a Lowrance HDS 12 Carbon insight on sale for $2399 plus 40% off, pretty good deal. Had him pick me up a few rods as it is difficult to come up with what you want without being there.

B-man

I’d assume the Forest Lake, MN store will be staying open.

There’s 12 million campers in the parking lot?

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

There’s 12 million campers in the parking lot?

Funny, I always thought that was to make it look like there were actually customers in the store.

tangler
    Inactive

Lakeville MN is not branded as an RV store, but someone here was just reporting a great customer service experience there and didn’t mention the store closing. Possible they haven’t started any sales yet?

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

The one in Fargo closed a year or two ago.

Ross Gunderson

Has anyone seen any decent deals on rifles in mn?

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>kirk charipar wrote:</div>

My brother called me from the store, they had a Lowrance HDS 12 Carbon insight on sale for $2399 plus 40% off, pretty good deal. Had him pick me up a few rods as it is difficult to come up with what you want without being there.

A friend of mine picked up a Hummingbird Mega 12 in the Rockford, IL area for the 40% off and was able to find some other savings in for an unbeatable deal and was up north by us, working with it on Big St.

Mark

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

Ross G-Firearms, ammunition, and generators were excluded from the sale.
    David A-The whole electronics display for the locators was empty on Sunday also.
    I did some restocking on Rapalas, and grabbed couple t-shirts; grand total less than $50

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Lakeville MN is not branded as an RV store, but someone here was just reporting a great customer service experience there and didn’t mention the store closing. Possible they haven’t started any sales yet?

That was I…I didn’t think twice about it but there was a 30% off sale going. The guy I was working with never mentioned anything about a closing and they were still pushing the good Sam membership so…

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I will be by the Lakeville one tonight so I guess I will swing in and let IDO know what I find out.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Just got back from the one in Janesville WI, 40% off everything except items already on Clearance, Guns and/or Ammo

Might have to go back again…..

tangler
    Inactive

I will be by the Lakeville one tonight so I guess I will swing in and let IDO know what I find out.

Thanks! I have a day off tomorrow and will shoot down there if there are deals on tackle.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

The Lakeville Gander is becoming an RV center. They have a hand full of campers in the overflow parking on the right and other ones in the back. They are also done with their remodel. There is a big sign on the building that says RV service and installation now available. There is 30% off store wide but that is for members only.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Gander in Baraboo WI must be one that is closing to, they had 40% off 2 weeks ago when I was there

tangler
    Inactive

The Lakeville Gander is becoming an RV center. They have a hand full of campers in the overflow parking on the right and other ones in the back. They are also done with their remodel. There is a big sign on the building that says RV service and installation now available. There is 30% off store wide but that is for members only.

Thanks for the info. Glad they’re sticking around, that’s better than cashing in on a sale for me.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Do you think that 30% storewide sale will go through this week? I’ll be in that neck of the woods Thursday, just in time for everything to be picked over.

jld
    Holmen

Gander in Onalaska has extended their 40% off for another week. It is really getting picked over though. If this place isn’t closing I would be stunned.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Gander in EP is 30% off everything with the exception of guns, ammo, electronics. They have some other clearance and the 30% applies to that as well.

They are not an RV store but the guy said they are staying open because they are the #1 fishing tackle store in the chain. My guess is all stores will have sales so they can deplete inventory levels and transfer to the stores staying open versus an all out liquidation.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Supposedly the EP store is not closing, but the 40% discount does apply to all Bows and Crossbows if anyone is looking. I just got a screaming deal on a Ravin R10.

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

40% off statewide extended thru this week at Onalaska. 15% off guns, ammo, generators and clearance. Good luck finding something to buy ????

jld
    Holmen

But yet they still have the hiring sign up. No way this place isn’t closing.

B-man

Has anyone been into the Forest Lake store lately?

Is there a sale there?

wormdunker

Was there Friday they said they not have a clearance sale at Forest Lake.

JoeMX1825
    MN

just seems like the new owner is playing money games with that place with all of the closing/reopenings/liquidations/rebrandings, etc, .It wouldn’t surprise me to read in the future that there was some corporate tax fraud scheme going on…

I made my last purchase there a year ago and don’t plan to spend there again…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.