Fuel gauge not working?

• steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I pulled my 01 1750 fishawk out of winter storage and hooked up the hose. Noticed after 13 years the fuel gauge us not functioning? All the other gauges are functioning ( trim, amps, rpm’s) Motor fired right up.
    Easy fix or am i looking at getting into tank area? Float stuck?
    Any trouble shooting advice appreciated!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I have heard that the issue is almost always a faulty ground connection. Not sure how or where. I’m sure someone will fill us in.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I pulled my 01 1750 fishawk out of winter storage and hooked up the hose. Noticed after 13 years the fuel gauge us not functioning? All the other gauges are functioning ( trim, amps, rpm’s) Motor fired right up.
    Easy fix or am i looking at getting into tank area? Float stuck?
    Any trouble shooting advice appreciated!

Make sure a connection under the dash did not come loose.

If you get it on the water, see if you can get the gauge to move or bounce at all. It also be a bad sending unit too. I had to replace mine on our 2003 Lund after 10 years.

FDR

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I had the sending unit replaced under warranty back in ’05. I had forgotten.
    Must be it. Are they still available?

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

I would.think most likely a bad sending unit. There is a way to check, I just can’t remember the procedure. Call a crestliner dealer and the mechanic should be able to tell you. You cross the wires on the gage or something like that. Mine has been out for a while, my mercury smartgage tells me how much gas I burn so I just keep track with that.

mojogunter

You can pull the wire off the sending unit and touch it to a ground and it should show full. If not them it is in the wiring or the gauge is bad

mattgroff

I had this happen on my bass boat it was a breaker that was tripped.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.