The Big V is Ice Free!

• guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

Hey All,A 30 mph west wind has taken care of the ice on the Big V.

dannyboy

cool coming up may 9th to fish openner. can’t wait. gonna get a warmup session on pike , walley and maybe some crappies here in WI this weekend.

Nice article on the vermilion and the lakes 2 best looking but (OLD)guides in yesterdays DNT. Didn’t realize you guys were such elder statesman.

too bad we gotta wait til june 7th to chase musky in minn and may 24th here in WI. but oh well. It hopefully will be worth it.

Dannyboy

guideman

Hey Coach,There are still some big patches of ice floating around but it will be gone soon. I thought the article was pretty good, except they didn’t put a photo of the best looking guide on the lake in it.

dannyboy

ace,
    can’t disagree with you there. in my personal opinion, any of those beautiful lake vermilion muskies are better looking than you or tom and even me.

see ya next week.can’t wait to chase some pike and walleyes.

dannyboy

guideman

Hey All,The DNR has finished their egg take this year at the Pike river hatchery. It looks like yet another great year class of walleyes for the Big V.Joe Gies of the DNR also told me that Pike Bay will be OPEN for angling, on May 10th.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.