vermillion muskie!!!!

• micah-witham
    Richfield

went to vermillion over labor day for the first ever witham family vacation. all 5 brothers and wives/girl friends and kids. the fishing was really tough to be honest. we struggled to find largemouth with usually isn’t a problem. we drummed up a couple of walleyes trolling but the most exciting part of the week was the first morning.
    maybe 15 casts in on a super spook in about 2 ft of water off a rocky point, i heard and saw the familiar sound of a muskie crunching a topwater bait. luckily it had just enough hooks and not too much of my bait/line.
    after a couple of pics she was released to fight again. measurement was just a hair over 43.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

congrats!!
    Nice Fish!

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Musky Rod $200.00
    Braided 80# Line $20.00
    Musky Lure $15.00
    Weekend with the whole family PRICELESS!

Nice fish, and nice picture.

yodeldog
    Farmville, MN

Nice fish! I was up there the 26th – 29th. Fishing was tough. Didnt have a follow or catch one. I fished for skis for prob 4 hrs..

Are you in the Frank Jr. muskie tourney this weekend. I’ll be fishing Leech and Inguadona

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Micah,
    Very nice Muskie…
    My fishing club is heading up there the end of Sept for our Fall Tourney. It usually is a good time, and a couple of guys find the fish. We do multi-species.
    congrats again.
    Jack…

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I dont think a measurement does that fat girl justice
    Awesome fish

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Nice healthy fish!!!!!!!

Good job!

micah-witham
    Richfield

yea, the measurement didn’t really do justice to how fat she was. Which surprised me to be honest. I usually don’t see them that fat until into the fall when they are chompin on suckers and ciscoes. Either way, it was the one redeeming part of the weekend as far as fishing went.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.