Sorry for being gone so long.

• guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

Hi Guys,
    I’m sorry I wasn’t around to help out you regular Big V guys. I have been guiding almost every day and I just haven’t had much time to be on the boards. The Walleyes have finaly started to pick up on the east end. The Smallies have finaly recovered from the postspawn blues and the Muskies are slamming, just about everything they see.

“Ace”

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Ace;
    Any big tuna muskies yet?

GrantSWilson

We had some really good days on the lake last week. I got my personal best. 54″!!!!! I would love to post the picture but I took the photo with an 8 mp camera. IDA won’t let me attach it.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

We had some really good days on the lake last week. I got my personal best. 54″!!!!! I would love to post the picture but I took the photo with an 8 mp camera. IDA won’t let me attach it.

E-mail it to my addy and I’ll get it posted for you!

GrantSWilson

Blue Fleck, you have an e-mail!

Thanks,

gary_wellman
    South Metro

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

LOOK AT THE GIRTH!!!!!!!!

Dude;
    Tell us more!!!!!!!!
    Trolling/throwing hair/jerking wood????

Details man, details!!!

emover
    Malcom, IA

WOW Nice Ski

dave

rigmic

Terry,
    My brother and I will be heading up to Mocassin Pt on July 29th – August 5th. Any suggestions for the eyes? What kind of depth do you think we need to be in?

Thanks,

guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

Hey Guys,
    The Muskies have been very hot for most of July. I haven’t caught a 50 incher yet this year, however I am getting plenty of action.

My clients and I have boated 13 fish in the last 9 days. We could have caught a few more with a bit of luck. I couldn’t even guess at how many we have seen in the last 10 days.

Mine are all coming on hair or top waters. The evening bite has been excellent and it should continue right into August.

The Walleye action has started to pick up in the last week or so. It still isn’t great however it’s so much better than what it was 10 days ago. Lindy rigs with crawlers or leeches work ever so slowly are catching most of the fish right now. I am catching most of mine in
    the 18 to 25ft range, on mainlake reefs and sandbars.

“Ace”

GrantSWilson

Terry, you have a truly wonderful place to fish in Vermilion. I look forward to the time I get to spend there. It is probably my second favorite place to fish with the Everglades (chasing Tarpon) being the first. I hope you enjoy your time there, I sure do.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.