New walleye regs on the Big V.

• guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

The MDNR has made a proposal for a protected slot limit and a smaller walleye bag limit for opening day of 2006.
    The new slot would be from 17″ to 27″ and include one fish over 27″ in your 4 fish limit.

There are still a couple of public meetings on the schedule however, unless there is a huge public outcry against this proposal, the new regs will take effect on opening day of 2006.

“Ace”

guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

Hey Scott,
    The fishing pressure has doubled in the last 5 years and the target for the walleye harvest is 65,000lbs.

The 2003 numbers were over 80,000lb so the DNR decided it was time to do something to protect the walleye fishery from over harvest. The new 4 fish limit may not set well with everyone however, I think it’s a good move.

“Ace”

nater3
    Webster City, IA

Sounds Great. My family has a place on Niles Bay and there is nothing I want more than great walleye fishing for the future.
    Nate

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

After seeing guys keeping 8 and 10 inch fish I’m all for it.

futPWTure77
    Zumbrota, MN

I’m definetely for it! After seeing how the special regs effected Winnie for the better, I think it would make Vermilion an even better fishery! Thanks

Tony

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.