Fishing Opener at Vermilion! Any Tips Appreciated

• panfishchasers
    North Branch, MN

I am going to Vermilion for opener and hope to erase the bad memories I have of my last trip there. Does anyone have any tips, I’ll be staying in the narrows between Wakemup and Niles Bays, near Ludlows Island resort. Any info would be great!

mrwalleye
    MN

stay home and hit pool 4
    the way things are looking the next 2 weeks are going to be AWESOME on the river

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Where are you staying? I will PM you some better info.

There are several great areas to fish around wakemup narrows.

panfishchasers
    North Branch, MN

We’re staying at Polley’s. Not a fancy place, but it gets the job done.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Polleys Great fun at that place can be had by all… I stay at Muskeego Point, directly north of Polleys. I will send you a pm on some good areas.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

I hope you enjoy your stay on lake vermilion and take advantage of the top quality destination! It is by far one of the most beautiful lakes in Mn. The fishing isn’t too bad either… Make sure and post back how much fun you had and fish you caught.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

PM sent

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Leaving tomorrow, staying at Shamrock Marina, any reports?

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

So how is the fishing?

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Fishing was really weird. If and when you found fish, they were biting and the size was good. We got mostly keepers with very few small fish and only a few over the slot (26″ biggest). It felt slow, but it was mostly from the lack of 10-12″ fish.

We found fish in both early spring and mid summer patterns, so it was really difficult to find a successful bite. My suggestion would be to keep moving, dont write off any spot, but dont stay on graphed fish if they arent hitting.

panfishchasers
    North Branch, MN

The weather was great, the fishing so so at best. I saw very few keepers in the fish cleaning shack. Great trip, but now I’m busy thinking about Big Wolf Lake in Cass first week of June. Nice walleye (no slot) and giant pannies. I just hope the weather is as great as last year.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.