Moccasin Point to be sold

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

From a relatively reliable source I here that a 56 unit AmericInn w/ restaurant and bar will be on one side of the point and townhomes will cover the rest of the property.

I hope that such a prominant area of the lake will not become an eyesore. Mocassin point offered gas, bait, campground, cabins, bar, small grocery store, boat storage, and some hard working great people.

I will certainly miss an early morning drink w/ a limit in the boat from the morning’s fishing.

guideman
    Lake Vermilion, Tower, Minnesota

Hi Dave,
    It’s unfortunately true, that there is a large multi unit development in the future for Moccasin point.
    It’s hard for people with large plots, to resist all the money their offering for land, they paid peanuts for years ago.
    It’s also just the begining of major development on the Big V. There was a chance to stop it a few years ago unfortunately, nobody paid much attention to it because all they could see were dollar signs.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

When is this supposed to take place?
    I just recieved a mail today from them asking for my reservation confirmation.

guideman

Hey Chappy,
    From what I understand it is to be business as usual
    for this summer. The purchase isn’t even offical yet from what I heard.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I believe that any changes wont take place until 2005.

Chappy-when are you going up? We will be there 5/21-5/23 adn staying right next to Moccasin (our family friend bought a lot from the owners 2 years ago on the far end of their property).

clarence_chapman

We’ll be up there June 23rd – 27th.
    And August 18th – 27th
    \We loved trolling around the lake and caught lots of fish so we thought we would try it a couple of times this year

clarence_chapman

Just talked to Moc Point. They stated that the point is not yet sold.
    They are talking with developers who approached them.
    Who knows maybe the big guy won’t get the prize this time.

guideman

Hey Chappy,

It may not yet be offical but it is however going to happen. The kind of money they are offering and the age of the owners, they would be insane not to take it. Let’s face it, how much do you think they paid for that land 40 years ago? How much can they make a year on a few campsites and a small burger shop?

They have the chance to make millions and all they have to do is say “yes I accept your offer, of 3.5

million dollars”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.