Funny Guide Story!!!!

• arklite881south

So a couple years back I was fishing with a guy out towards the east end of Rainy Lake. Mother nature was playing peek-a-boo with threatning storms all day. First storm popped up and I looked at the guy in my boat and asked what he’d like to do? He replied “Lets head in”. We immediately started giving it the beans towards home. In the process of hitting shore the storm passed over giving way to beautiful sunshine. I looked at the guy and asked “Well should be head back out?” He confidently replied “Yeah lets head back out!!”. We got back to our previously fished location only to watch Mother Nature whip up yet another ugly site. Once again I posed the same question to my partner. Once again we were heading for shore. This time we hit shore for at least a couple minutes before the storm fizzled out and blew over. Once again we headed back out!!!

This time while we were fishing I noticed another storm building up. I took the reigns telling this guy to strap on his raingear Alice!! as your going to get a bit wet. Of course this storm blossoms into the mother of all storms. Wind darn near snapping off Jack Pines, raining straight up, lightning, hanging clouds, thunder…. I mean I was clicking my heals together chanting theres no place like home, theres no place like home…. When all at once as we drifted along in total amazement of the storm I had a distinct hit and immediately gave a sweeping hook set only to hit the passenger in my boat in the back of the neck with my fishing rod. This guy dropped like a basket full of walleyes into the bottom of my boat. As he laid in the bottom of my boat he reached his hand out to me with a pretty darn pitifull look on his face and said “I’VE JUST BEEN STRUCK BY LIGHTNING!!!” I said well I just cracked you with the end of my fishing rod. He seemed very very relieved, and was able to make it back to his sea shaken legs!!! Good Times!

Sorry Dad! I know I told you I wouldn’t tell anyone!

FYI go to shore when storms approach even if it is the 3rd time!

Rainydaze

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.