Rainydaze teams up with IDO!

• arklite881south

Hi guys and gals,

I’m happy to say I’m on board with IDO! Very nice to be assoicatee with FIRST CLASS guys! I’m a licensed captain here on Rainy, and will do my very best to provide you with current info on this region. You’ll notice a fun article I’ve placed in the Outdoor News this week covering the Rainy River Run! Very happy to be part of the team! Loved this weekends show on Mississippi Smallies! Man you guys laid the wood to them! IDO and Rainy Lake Baby!

Rainy Lake BIG FISH/small crowds!

Rainydaze

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Welcome aboard!

Looking forward to seeing some reports from up there.

What species do you target?

Boog

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Welcome aboard. Will be great to hear more talk on the site from up that way.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Did you see the sturgeon trip going on in april on LOTWS. There will be a huge group from this site up there for that.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Welcome aboard rainydaze

arklite881south

Hey Boys!

We are so fortunate on this body of water sometimes it is difficult to decide what to chase on a given day. Monster pike, walleye, smallies and flat out SLAB crappies. To complicate the matter I’ve got a new little Brittany whom I’m watching point song birds as I respond. Look out grouse! This little 12 week old hunting machine is gonna be a good one!

We’re coming into some of the most fantastic crappie action and BIG PIKE action of the year. As you likely know we have an extended walleye and Pike season, so we often times can target these monsters as they are gearing up for the upcoming spawn. Flags will be waiving with regularity and jig sticks will be bending! Everyday we pinch ourselves living with this magnificent body of water in our backyard.

Rainydaze

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Welcome aboard Rainydaze

I’m looking forward to your reports and definitly getting back up there. It has been waaayyy to long.

arklite881south

Boy I bet that will be a great event! Anybody getting a chance to tie into those pre-historic monsters HAS to give it a whirl. We get into them often times by accident fishing eyes here on the river a bit closer to Ifalls! They are a flat out fighting machine! We pulled one in last year with some light tackle who took us 8 miles down the river! Good times!

Raindaze

timmy

Welcom aboard RD!

I spend a fair amount of time just south of you – on Namakan. Inlaws have a cabin there – I make it up to there and Kab a lot…… Will be tip-upping in a couple of weeks up there (as soon as all of the blasted hockey tournements are over with….)

Looking forward to some reports from you.

Tim

big_g
    Isle, MN

Welcome Rainydaze It has been too long for me too. Only fished it once, with Woodys Fairly Reliable. Did one day on our way to Canada. Was a blast for sure. Need to get into that again !!! Minus the pub the night before

big g

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

RainyDaze, welcome to IDO What a great lake that is up there. I am looking to get up there a bit more this summer myself.

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Welcome to IDO Rainy!!

arklite881south

Hey Guys,

I do a lot of guiding through Woody’s! My fiancee is there GM. Yep that little pub can bite ya! LOL! I tell ya this is coming into one of my absolute favorite times of year. Ice fishng in sweatshirts, and hitting the Rainy River soon in the first open water activity of the season for us up here.

Rainydaze

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

Welcome Chris. Good to have another local on board.

To IDO at large – Rainydaze is a class act, besides being passionate and informed about the resources and opportunities we have up here.

jonn

I’m going on 30 years of fishing that gem Chris. August has been very good to me for reef fishing the bigger walleyes.

Pete,
    Say hi to Dave for me, I’ll be up this summer. Nav

arklite881south

Thanks Uffda!

Likewise! I look forward to meeting all at IDO! How about the smallies James got into on the show last weekend on the Mighty Miss! Talking about laying the wood to some big bronzebacks with huge minnows! Good Stuff!

RD

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Welcome to IDO Rainydaze

arklite881south

Hey Smallie Guide,

Yep this lake really heats up late summer. Those fish are really schooling up on the mid lake reefs and humps. Big Big walleyes chasing ciscoes and smelt. It is a great fishery year round, but the time your referring to really makes it easy to pinpoint big shouldered fish. I know Dave real well also, and hopefully he’ll be joining us soon on here! I’ll too pass on your greetings!

Rainydaze

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Welcome aboard RD. You will like it here. You will have to give us ice out reports on the Rainy River. It has been two years since we made the trip but me and a few friends a kicking it around about going up there this spring.

arklite881south

Hey H4Walleyes,

Thanks so much for the welcome! Yes it is a breath of fresh air!

The Rainy River run is legendary! March 1st- April 14th. Lots of variables in conditions due to the everchanging water being dispersed here at the dam by Boise as well as run-off and spring rains. Regardless this is some of the best fishing to be had of the year if you are here at the right time!

Rainydaze

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors rainydaze!!!

FISHMEISTER
    I-Falls/rainy lake, Mn.

HEY NAV.,
    NOW I KNOW WHERE YOU HANG., BY THE WAY YOU HAVE MAIL. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALONG SUNDAY, CANADIAN SIDE OF RAINY, WE HAD A HAYDAY ON CRAPPIES. BROUGHT MY BUDDIES 2 TWIN BOYS ALONG, 1 OF THEM CAUGHT A 2.4 LB. CRAPPIE, I HAD IT WEIGHED AT THE D.N.R. FISHERIES STATION, HE IS HAVING IT MOUNTED., NOT SURE IF I EVER SAW HIM THAT FIRED UP OVER A FISH. LOOKING FORWARD TO OPEN WATER, BUT ICE FISHING HAS BEEN EXCELLENT TOO, AND THIS NEXT MONTH & 1/2 IS THE BEST TIME. WHEN THE RUNOFF STARTS, THE ICE FISHING ON RAINY GETS AWESOME.
    SINCERELY,
    FISHMEISTER

jonn

I’m positive James and gang will enjoy your company, I know I always have! Too some great additions.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Rainydaze,
    Welcome to IDO.
    some say BIG Crappies.
    looking forward to some UP North reports..
    Jack

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Rainydaze, welcome aboard!
    So glad you and Fishmeister are over here.

Had the opportunity to meet your girlfriend at Woody’s last year. Very nice young lady.

I make 4-6 Rainy trips a summer, we will have to hook up for a beer.

Give us the same great stuff as the other site gets, I check it out dialy over there although I won’t post there.

Welcome!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Welcome. Rainy Lake and the spring river run are a couple of my “must do” items. Look forward to hearing your reports and seeing some pics!!

arklite881south

Hey Brian,

Look me up next time your in the Falls. Yes the Fishing Queen is a great lady! Don’t let her fool you she’s a great stick on the water too! She often has people hit her up for fishing spots at the pub, but she’s pretty good at given the ole “Blind FOld reef”. LOL! I’m glad you’ve followed our posts in the past. YOu’ll only find us here now! IDO Baby! I can’t figure out what I’m more excited about IDO or Rainy Lake!

Rainydaze

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

The posts in the Rainy Lake forum have doubled from 230 to 460 since Feb. 27! And we haven’t hardly talked about the river yet.

If you post they will respond.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.