Getting the shakes

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I’m going through withdrawals and need a report.

Has anybody been up?

Planning on going Thursday or Friday of this week and am dying to hear what’s going on.

luveyes

Check my last post under the fishing suggestions thread.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

Fishing has been very good. Lots of big walleyes and big pike have been caught the last couple weeks, along with crappies right in with the walleyes. It’s not necessarily an easy bite but if you search around you’ll find some real nice fish – mostly in 35-50′.

I was on the lake yesterday morning casting plastics and cranks shallow for bass. In 3 hrs I released 6 smallies 12-16″, 3 pike and 1 walleye in the slot. The bite on the lake is definitely better in the morning and evening. From 11 am to 4 pm has been slow for walleyes. That can vary from day to day of course and it should only improve in the next month.

Then went to the river and 3 of us boated 10 walleyes from 15-19″ plus a 28″ and a few saugers in 2 hrs. Most bites there were very light!!!

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

This might be the last report until hardwater as the next month will find me in the woods for the most part.

Last night 2 of us trolled cranks from 6:30-8 and caught and released 9 walleyes between 22-28″. They were all footballs and I would estimate the 28 was well over 10 lbs. Wished I could’ve measured the girth or had a scale. I did have a camera – with dead batteries!

I hope to get out at least 1 more night before Nov. 3 – for a longer time. There are much bigger than 28’s out there!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.