Weekend Storm

• Hawg Lbr
    Sartell, MN

Anyone else out there get caught in the storm on Sat Nite/ Sunday morning? Can anyone tell me what the actual wind speeds were? We were camping on an island last weekend, and I thought I had seen my last day on the water ever during that storm.. I had to push the walls of my tent off of me and hold them for around 30 min or so. We were guessing that the winds had to be no less than 70mph, but could have been much higher. We all made a promise to never ask mother nature for more of a breeze ever again.

I wouldn’t say fishing was fantastic (Thur-Saturday) but we were able to catch enough fish for at least 1 meal for the 4 of us. Fish were biting on jigs in 28-32 fow on thurs/friday.. caught a lot of little ones and a few hawgs that had to be returned… on saturday there were fish more in the 16-20 fow range! Even a few sauger were taken over the weekend as a few Bonus fish!
    Anyway, an overall great trip again this year minus the storm the last night… We will be looking for a new camp site next year, w/ a little more protection from the weather!!!

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

Honestly I didn’t even know it stormed in town until I saw .6″ in the rain gauge Sun morning. One of the resorts lost a DVD, a modem and a few other minor electrical items to a lightning bolt though. That system is finally starting to clear out after 4-5 days.
    The walleyes are migrating to the reefs with the onset of continuous warm temps the last few days. One party caught and released 95 eyes in 4 days with a lot of fish 22-27″ and a few 29-31.5!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.