little slow

• sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

This morning we decided to make the 20 mile run from grindstone island to blueberry island on the east side. My friend started off with a jig and minnow and I used jig and plastics. We only managed to bring 4 eaters backto the cabin. We each caught 15 or more slot fish with the largest being a hair over 28. We found them stacked up in 30fow all the way up to 14fow. We plan on going back to that same spot tomorrow.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

We made the trip back to blueberry island and had a fun morning of catching slot fish. My friend caught 4 and I got 9 with our largest being 26&1/4 and the smallest was 18. We caught most of them in 12fow off blueberry island and the others on main lake reefs. I used a gold 1/4 moon eye with a 4 inch northland tackle impulse grub in the Alabama craw colors. My friends want to go fish kettle falls so we are going there tomorrow

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I thought when the post said ” little slow “, we we talking about BK.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

We woke up to heavy rain this morning and looked at the radar. It didn’t look good for us know this was our last day of fishing.So we decided to pack up and drive home then rather drive all night back to Omaha. All and all we had a fun couple days. We didn’t catch to many keepers (4) but had a lot of fun catching slots. Water temps where from 69.8-74.6 depending on location.

grindstone

Sinister – I am pushing off from Grindstone for four days starting September 19th. A lot can change in 10 days, but i’m curious if you spent anytime west of the Brule? Blueberry is a haul, but often worth the trip.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

Not on this trip. In the spring I spend most of my time west of the brule but I like the east side during the summer and less boat traffic on the east side.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.