Is early June good time to use Pulse R s

• Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

Heading up to the Canadian side of Rainy on May 31. Just wondering if this is a good time of year for using the Pulse R and if so what colors would work best. Also jig weight preference. Probably a question for Chris but anyone with experience please chime in. I’m getting pumped for some time in Gods country.

dr-death
    Phillips, WI

We hammered the hell out of them on the Rainy River this spring with pulseR’s, but they are a very good post spawn bait too. The experts know way more than I do, but I would use the lightest jig that weather conditions permit. Just something about that plastic that elicits monstrous strikes. Good luck & tight lines.

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

dakota eyes liked em last week. No doubt the Rainy lake eyes will like them in early June. They sorta liked Moxies in June too . Weight of head will change a bit with wind / waves / depth, but for most part have a selection of 1/8 to 5/16. I usually use 3/16 or 1/4’s.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

MikeW would tell you that they’re working well on the Mississippi right now. I can’t see why they wouldn’t work well on the Rainy. Just remember not to fish them too fast.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Wallybanger – I’m curious to see how it turns out for you. I’ll be up at the same time as you. This will be my first time trying the Bfishn plastics and bought some Moxies for the trip.

As for colors I took a tip from a post Chris Granrud put up not too long ago. I’m not only new to IDO but new to forums as well so I’m not sure how to do a link. Here’s the name of the post: The “Pulse-R” review +

Where are the Canadian side are you headed? Hope you have great fishing!

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

We stay on Northwest Bay and fish as far as Ash Bay, Alexaddria Bay and Paddy Bay. So much water and so little time. Bringing some moxxies as well. Thinking the smallies might want to crush a few Pulse Rs too. Will report back after the trip.

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

Hey Pat thanks for referring me to Chris’s post. I think my memory must be bad because I read it when it was first posted. All my questions answered. Hope you have a great trip.

arklite881south

Quote:

Hey Pat thanks for referring me to Chris’s post. I think my memory must be bad because I read it when it was first posted. All my questions answered. Hope you have a great trip.

I’m glad you were able to reference a past post to answer some of your questions. As for jig size I wouldn’t go less than a 3/16 oz with the Pulse-R. IMHO it is too bouyant with a 1/8 oz. jig and a 3/16 oz is perfect. Good Luck Men!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.