Hi Everyone

• wes janke
    Cleveland, Ohio

I just wanted to introduce myself. I see a few names that are familiar, but for those of you that don’t know me, my name is Wes. I’m an Ohio angler that concentrates mainly on Lake Erie and it’s tributaries. My target species are Steelhead, Smallmouth, Walleye, and Perch. However, I will and have at one time or another, fished for just about anything that swims. I’m hoping to be able to contribute to this discussion board, so if you have any questions about fishing on Lake Erie or in Northeast Ohio, I’ll do what I can to answer them. It’s nice to make your acquaintance.

Wes

Anonymous

Welcome aboard Wes!
    Great to have you with us and look forward to hearing more from you!

What areas of Lake Erie do you most frequently fish?

Anonymous

Hey Wes, welcome aboard….

How is it going? Have you been out smelting? I heard they are slamming them by the breakwall and boat ramp in Fairport…

Jason

wes janke
    Cleveland, Ohio

DeeZee,

I mostly fish the Central Basin, the Vermilion and Ashtabula area for Smallmouth, Vermilion and Lorain for Walleye, and the Cleveland area for Perch. As for Steelhead I fish the tribs from the Vermilion to the Conneaut.

Jason,

What’s up bud? I was down at Edgewater the other night and got about 250 Smelt in about an hour and a half. I could have caught a bunch more, but somebody(me) has to clean them

Wes

JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

Hi Wes!! Glad to see another Buckeye found this fine site!!

Anonymous

Welcome to the site Wes –

I have to ask – how big is that Steelhead you are holding in your picture? Looks like a dandy.

DONOTDELETE

Welcome Wes! Its good to have another buckeye around. This way if Jason or Jim get out of hand, we can talk you into giving them a wedgie or something so they shape up and fly right…lol [kidding Jason & Jim!]

Glad to have you around. I’ve heard much about the smallie fishery out in your neck of the woods and look forward to maybe seeing a few pics from up coming trips this summer.

wes janke
    Cleveland, Ohio

Bluefin,

That Steelie was a little over 11 lbs. She put up one heck of a fight.

H2O,

I see Jason and Jim fairly regularly, so if you think that they are in need of a wedgie, just let me know. You’re right about the Smallmouth fishery, it’s phenomenal. I’ve attached one picture and I’ll post a couple more pictures soon.

Wes

JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

Who are you tryin’ to fool Wes? That’s not a Smallmouth, that’s a Tuna!! Great fish!!

Anonymous

Woah !!

Now thats a Bronze Back !!

Nice fish Wes !!

Anonymous

Welcome to FTL Wess!
    Good to have you with us here. I look forward to your reports and information. You using lures or live bait for these smallees…. ? Nice photo!
    Hoggie
    Dave Hoggard

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.