Fairport Harbor Eyes and Perch

• Anonymous

This weekend on Erie was awesome. The walleye didn’t cooperate like I wanted them too but the lake sure did. I fished friday, saturday, and sunday…..2′ or less all three days!!! I couldn’t believe the weather!

The first eye I caught on the new boat was 29 1/2″ long, unfortunately it was only one of two eyes caught all weekend on the boat. We did boat a few steelies though! Everyone I talked to or heard on the radio was struggling. We marked alot of fish, hopefully they turn on by this weekends tournament. Scorpion spoons, copper backed, on 20/30 jets, or big dipseys… 49 line north from 22 to 26 lines west had the best marks and the most boats..

The perch fishing at 45/23 is awesome. We limited there all three days. The majority of the perch were in the 8-10″ range with a few 13″+. There is a sailing club marker out there, look for it and anchor just west of it. Medium sized shiners on a crappie rig right on the bottom worked for us.

Anonymous

Jason sounds like pretty good perch fishing to me and even though you only had two walleye’s the first being 29.5 Wow That is some fishery. Let me know when those walleye’s really turn on and some of us media guys will have to make the trip out there to document things. Hee Hee Steve

Anonymous

Let me know when you guys can get away… Fall is the best time to catch eyes of a lifetime… Erie in October and November produces some of the biggest eyes I have ever caught.

Anonymous

Jason,

How is the new boat working out for you? Sounds like you are breaking her in the right way with a nice eye to chrissen the ship. I bet you were just slightly hoping for a little rougher seas to put the boats through its paces? JK. 2 footers or less on Erie anytime is welcome in my book.

That fall bite sounds like a good time. I may be able to get away in the end of October if you were to have a seat open?
    Wait, I think I just invited myself…….hmmm I think that was walleye fever talking!

Anyway, hope everything is going well for you out there. PWT is making its stop at Lake Erie in April again next year, so you are welcome to come up and stay with us if you like!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.