Ottertail Minnesota Area Fishing Plans?

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Well guys, I’ve got a bad case of that cabin fever thing so I thought I’d stir up some conversation with some folks from my favorite place on Earth, Ottertail County, Minnesota. I’ll be spending quite a bit of time at the camper trailer this season and I can’t wait!

I’m hoping to run into some of the guys from this site this year. What’s planned for this area for this season? Any fun fishing tournaments or get-togethers? Any special events that a guy might want to mark on his calendar?

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

The Barrel of Fun tourney on Big Pine is a good one. Lower entry fee, 60-80 boats, mid June, decent freebies and kegger get together afterward.

I have fished 3 of the last 5, but I dont know if I will be in this years yet.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Sounds good! Any good ones on Ottertail or Battle Lake during the year that you know of???

walleyeaddict
    Gods Country and real walleye world, Detroit Lakes MN

Scotts Bait out of New York Mills has a tourney on Ottertail in June. Contact Scotts for brochure and entry forms. Battle Lake has a tourney the end of June on Battle and you can contact Bens Bait in Battle Lk for info. Big Detroit has a tourney the second week in June and you can contact the Detroit Lakes Eagles club for info on that. FM walleye runs a 120 boat tourney on Pelican out of Fair Hills Resort the 1st weekend in June and a 120 boat tourney on Cormorant in early Sept. Cedar Crest resort on White Earth has a 65 boat tourney the next weekend in Sept. Always some local “thow in” and area fishing leagues. Check with Bens Bait, Scotts Bait, or Quality Bait shops for league and other info. FM Walleye also has a number of club tournaments on OT and Becker Co lakes. Contact FM walleye for membership info (the also have monthly mts and great programs and presentations!)

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Thanks Brad. This will be helpful info to have for anyone in the area.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.