Cooler Temps…

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Hey guys! I see the temps are going to go down this week. I’m heading up to the Battle Lake are again this weekend and I would appreciate any information on how the temp change is effecting the walleye fishing in the area. I’ll just be there Saturday and Sunday and I hope I don’t have to spend a lot of time trying to find the depths and patterns. Thanks in advance for any help. I’ll check these posts Friday. Have a great week all!

walleyeaddict
    Gods Country and real walleye world, Detroit Lakes MN

Battle eyes are still deep and will stay that way for the most part. This short stretch of cool hasn’t changed water temps or patterns. Unless we see a significant change in weather that will last weeks instead of a couple of days, we are going to have a late transtition into fall patterns. Crawlers are still kickn’ butt.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Brad, Thanks for the info! I figure it will take a while for the actual water temps to fall. I’ve been trying to keep an eye on the weather up there and it seems it’s been pretty hot everywhere lately. I’m looking forward to these cooler temps!

Thanks agian.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

You were correct about the temps not having changed and I appreciate the info. I finally managed two walleye on Battle. Thanks for the help on this Brad. I think you are giving good info and I’m just not being a good student. I found one in 13 feet and one in 24 feet. We did hit the smaller lakes in the area and managed about 25 eyes and one really nice crappie. My wife caught the crappie and I’ll post the pics when I develop them. I failed to get the length.

Walleye were hitting minnows and leeches, with better numbers on minnows and better size on leeches.

The weather this weekend could not have been better! Hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday weekend.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.