Good August bite is on

• walleyeaddict
    Gods Country and real walleye world, Detroit Lakes MN

We are in the middle of a full moon phase and the daytime walleye bite is still happening. I have not been able to take advantage of moonlite cranking as guiding early am and evening would mean no sleep. That night bite is on at Cormorant, Otter Tail and the Pines. I have been mostly on Big Detroit and Pelican the past wk and jigs and fatheads on the weededges on the sharp drops are producing. DL is turning nice fish (17-22″) and Pelicans are more 13-17″…..great eaters. Put the golf clubs away and get your butts back on the eye bite. Oh buy the way…this is always a good time for Toad and White Earth lakes also….LATER

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Thanks for the update Brad! I’ve got to get back up there and give Ottertail a try. You know this news is killing me while I’m sitting here stuck the office today

Thanks for the report!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Speaking of the Pines, the my friend fished Big Pine last weekend and said that eyes were slow during the day, but the size was up. Most of his fish were from 20-25″. The deep crappie bite is starting too. He caught several 14″ crappies on 4-6″ red tails suspended 4-6′ off the bottom.

walleyeaddict

Your going to like getting back on OT. It will just keep getting better from now thru the fall bite. A shallow crank bite is happening also on both large shoreline flats and the big midlk flats in 7-9ft of water.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Walleyeaddict,
    We will be spending the week of Sept 6-12 on Big Detroit in a timeshare. Any updates on walleyes between now and then would be greatly appreciated. Probably be fishing panfish with the grandkids also.

Thanks and maybe see you on the water.

walleyeaddict

I will be putting an update post after the holiday weekend. Big DL still has a good early am bite(6-7:30am) and a late evening bite that starts about 1hr before sunset. Coffee bar, center bar, the boot and the humps in front of Fireside and sucker creek are all producing and that bite should continue to hold. You can PM me also. Check with “baitman”John at Quality Bait(new baitshop downtown next to D.Dahls) as he knows what is going on. The bite has been jigs and fatheads and livebait and crawlers in 19-24ft midlake and 13-17ft off the big shoreline flats……LATER

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Sounds good, and I’ll be sure to stop by that bait shop. Thanks for the tip.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.