hi

• lilhammer
    Southern Illinois

hello everybody on Friday im headin up w/ the family for a week of fun (it aint fun unless theres fishin’) and im lookin for some lakes to try we will be staying at Holly’s resort on Ottertail and we fish for anything any help is greatly appreciated

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors lilhammer!!!

I do not have any info on Ottertail Lake but I am sure someone will jump in here with some good info for you.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Well, there’s only 1000 lakes in Ottertail County so take your pick. Plenty of eyes and perch on OT, Long Lake has been very good for blue gills lately, and the northerns have been very active on Fiske Lake. Plenty of other options around as well so take your pick. Have fun!

lilhammer
    Southern Illinois

Thanks guys! I didn’t know anyone else knew about fiske oh by the way which long lake?

tslonek
    Coon Rapids,Mn

Welcome! My father lives on Ottertail and all the guy does is fish. He would gladly point you in the right direction. Shoot me a pm if interested.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

We send a lot of people to Fiske and they never complain about the aggressive pike. Neat little lake. I actually meant Elbow Lake, not Long. Elbow is between Battle Lake and Underwood, think it used to be called Bass Lake. The gills were plentiful last weekend.

lilhammer
    Southern Illinois

Elbow i see hmm pops might not be thrilled about that Elbow is really clear isnt it? my dad doesnt like clear lakes he likes to sneak up on the fish

redneck
    Rosemount

Welcome Lilhammer,
    Don’t know much about that area but I’m sure you will get some information. What part of southern Ill. are you from. I grew up in Herrin.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Elbow is a clean lake, but not super clear – you might be thinking of Eagle Lake, which has freshwater coral.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Lill Hammer. I’ll be up there starting tommorow night. (On OT that is.) There will be a report of my findings bright and early Monday Am. If you don’t have a computer on monday i’ll PM you my cel number. (Look for the blinking red envelope on the screen to get it.) If you and I don’t hook up stop over at Kens. He’ll give you the full rundown.

Have a great trip if we don’t talk.
    Chris

lilhammer
    Southern Illinois

A little town called Aviston 15 minutes west of Carlyle

also is there any information on Rush and what are the pike and walleye biting?

lilhammer
    Southern Illinois

I almost forgot whats the word off South Turtle

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I’ve got nothing on south turtle.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Your guess is as good as mine on S. Turtle. I see you were asking for some info. on the “other” site as well but didn’t get much in return. I think you’ll like it here a lot better, I sure do.

lilhammer
    Southern Illinois

o yeah i didnt get diddly there this place is much better

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

You should post a question specifically about S. Turtle on there. One of the mods. for the OT forum lives on the lake, so you “should” get some info.

lilhammer
    Southern Illinois

ok thanks fer the tip hopefully it loosens some lips

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.