Any one?…… Any one?……..

• fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Hasn’t any one been up to the OT this year? I’m heading back up this weekend after a few weeks away. I’m wondering if the trolling bite is still going? If not what’s the report. No spots needed just looking for a bite.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

The bite has been pretty slow, especially during the day. The trolling bite is starting to pick up a little but nowhere near what it should be. Hopefully things steadily improve from here. The fish should be stacking up on the humps anytime now also so the daytime bite should pick up as well. Good Luck.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Thanks Tev. If we get it rolling I’ll post an update on Monday.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Hopefully I’ll make it out this weekend as well. A friend of mine did C&R a 28″ eye Sat. night on a countdown, but that was the only fish over 14″.

Which end of the lake do you normally fish?

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Our Cabin is on the point. (2 down from the Red Lantern.) We usualy pull cranks up and down the point and jig a few humps and such in the area. I’m also looking at trying to find some suspended fish out in the basin this weekend if there’s time. We’ve marked what I think were fish in the past but never had time to chase them.

How about yourself?

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

That’s a nice area you fish – a lot of nice fish came out of that area this spring and early June.

This time of year there are 2-3 humps that I fish (when I get a chance) on the west end. 25-30′ humps surrounded by 40-60 fow. Sometimes the best fishing on them is in the middle of the day. Otherwise I pull cranks on mid-lake flats in the evening or pull lindy’s thru the cabbage.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

How was the bite for you this weekend? Didn’t get out myself as I had a little mishap with my foot, but the people I talked to did quite well trolling in the evening. Most of the fish were in 4-5′ and the majority of them after dark.

Some big perch putting on the feed bags right now too – saw several in the 10-12″ range come in.

Let us know how you did.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

We stayed on shore all weekend. The wind blew directly at us for three straight days. (Makes things alittle tough in the dark.)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.