Weekend in Ottertail County

• riverrunt75
    Cold Spring

The wife and I packed up the kids and boat and headed to my mom and dads near Fergus Falls for the weekend. When we arrived at 8 p.m. we quickly decided on a lake near by picked up bait and were fishing by 9:15. My son who is 5 was along too. We decided to fish leechs and fatheads under floats. My son started us off with the first fish of the night before I got myself set up. A nice eater 15″er. It didn’t take long before we knew that all they wanted was leeches. We has solid action until 11:30 or so. My boy usually falls asleep on the floor of the boat soon after he catches a fish. But the action kept him awake the whole time.
    On Saturday we decided to check a few areas for crappies at sunrise. Once again we were on fish in short order. We kept a few for lunch and released the rest including the 13″er pictured. After a nap we went to visit my uncle who has his dock in some prime spring/summer bluegill area. The kids spent the rest of the afternoon using up a jar of Gulp maggots on 8-9″ gills…

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Great story. Looks like your son had a blast!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.