how’s the bite on Ottertail?

• hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

Checking to see if the bite has improved any with the weekend rush done and gone? Thinking of heading there in the next day or two, probably be putting in on the north-east side, any suggestions on where to try/presentations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jerry

scottsteil
    Central MN

The bite was excellent this weekend over there. I had friends that fished it and did really well. We fished Big Pine and that was not near as good. Still enough for a meal, but Ottertail was really good

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

OT was great last weekend. Find any of the traditional spots and you should catch fish. Early in the am and before dark we fished 10 to 12 ft mid day we found fish out to 25. Lidy rigs with a 12 to 18 inch snell and shiners was the ticket in our boat over the weekend.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. I’ll be up again this weekend.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

We had very good success out there. We had our best luck in 16-22 fow rigging with lake shiners and about 8 ft snells. We had all of the fish we wanted in the 15-20 inch range. We also had 5 or 6 over the 24 inch mark with the biggest touching 26.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

Here’s some of our Saturday morning catch. The camera guy might have had a couple too many and cut off all of our heads. We did have a couple of smal perch in there also that inhaled the hooks

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Nice bunch of fish! You’re my hero.

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

Sounds like everyone did well, nice mess of fish and thanks for the info.I’ll let ya know how I did later! Thanks again, Jerry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.