O.T. 2007 Who’s goin?

• hawgstatus
    Moundsview, MN

Any water temps/levels update yet?

Steil, you going?

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

The inlaws were up opening things up last weekend.

Lakes up over a foot. The shiners haven’t moved in to spawn yet. Things should be in full swing by the time opener comes. I’ll be up friday afternoon threw the weekend. If you see a Lund Tyee with a couple Johnsons on the back say “Hi”. Were a couple doors down from the Red Lantern.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Lake is up from last fall, but I would not say it is high or up by any means – be nice if it was another foot higher right now. Lake was higher last year at this time and look how it ended up by August. I’m guessing water temps are in the low 40’s since the ice has only been off about 9 days.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I would agree Trev. But at least we don’t have to pull the boats off the lift because there hung on the bottom

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I’ll be up there again this opener. where is everyone staying? We are going to be at Barky’s again this year and will probably make the annual runs to The Otter Bar and Zorbaz

hawgstatus
    Moundsview, MN

Staying at 3 Seasons. Definetly making a trip to Zorbas. Where is Otter Bar?? Sounds like a place we could close down.

Hey Bongers, how did you do last opener?

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

We did pretty good last year. There are usually about 10-12 of us that go up and we usually don’t have much of a problem getting enough fish to eat and bring home. The Otter is actually right up on the NE end of the lake, but there is also a bar on the south end that is a lot of fun, we usually close that one down, but I can’t think of the name of it How did you guys do?

hawgstatus
    Moundsview, MN

We had a slower opener than years past. The wind was brutal, and I think there was some hangovers that affected motivation. I didnt see many fish caught where we at during the day, our fish came at night up shallow.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I’ve never fished at night up there, do you usually do better. For our crew if we don’t have our fish by noon it’s pretty much a lost cause the rest of the day after the drinks start flowing. do you just go for the weekend? We usually stay till at least Tuesday, it always seams the weather and fish cooperate better those extra couple days.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

The bar you’re thinking of on the southwest side is Graystone. Last year was one of the better openers on OT for most in recent years. If the wind is an issue, head on up to Rush and try that. Typically a real good opener lake.

hawgstatus
    Moundsview, MN

Usually we limit out at night, tie one on, sleep one off. I really wasnt seeing all the fish caught that people were claiming, at least not by where we were. Anyways maybe bump into you guys at Zorbas. Good luck.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

That’s it Trev Graystone is the bar I was thinking of.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

I’ve never fished at night up there, do you usually do better. For our crew if we don’t have our fish by noon it’s pretty much a lost cause the rest of the day after the drinks start flowing. do you just go for the weekend? We usually stay till at least Tuesday, it always seams the weather and fish cooperate better those extra couple days.

I personaly prefer OT at night. (All year.) We like to pull cranks up on Amor flats. (In front of the Red Lantern) See you at Zorbas if anyone can drive us there.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

Sounds like a plan to me, come say hi if you see me on the water. I’ll be in the gray and maroon Ranger Tiller

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.