Anyone fishing?

• Jackfish
    Wayzata, MN

Headed up this weekend to brave the cold…anyone have any sort of report? Will be looking for perch and eyes..

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

It’s definitely slowed down. Your best bet is to set up on the edge of the weeds (14-18 fow). This will give you a good shot at some nice perch and a few eyes. If that doesn’t produce, go a little deeper on the break or try a mid-lake hump (25-30ft) that is surrounded by deep water.

Should be able to go almost anywhere to fish as there is minimal snow on the lake, but some big drifts around houses. Both the Pelican Bay and Riviera access’ can be used to get on the lake. Good luck!

Jackfish
    Wayzata, MN

thanks for the update..you pretty much hit our plan of attack right on…probably not a lot of hole hopping with the temps and wind forecast…never had a bad day on OT though…

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

If you’ve never had a bad day on OT, then you haven’t fished it enough!! The fish can disappear in a hurry!

Definitely can be a challenge.

Jackfish
    Wayzata, MN

About 20 years of no bad days…some days more looking for them than others though…

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Hope you’ve got a good heater – man it’s gonna get cold. Let us know how you do.

Jackfish
    Wayzata, MN

It was plenty cold and windy too….Luckily the perch cooperated and saved a tough weekend..Walleye bite was nonexistant for decent sized fish..Caught fish from 15 feet to 50 feet..Not a lot of people fishing..

tslonek
    Coon Rapids,Mn

Just got off the phone with my dad and he’s been doing well with the perch with an occasional eye. 9 fow on top of flats. He says you can see them so he pulls it away from the small ones and bringing in nice ones 10-12″ers. Where on the lake he was fishing I don’t know. Good Luck!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

You’re right, it was plenty cold. I wasn’t able to make it out – how much ice was there? Might try doing some “trolling” with the 4-wheeler and portable when it warms up a little.

Jackfish
    Wayzata, MN

I would say over 2 feet of ice for sure….Kind of a pain staying mobile with that much ice and minus 20 with a stiff wind…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.